Get Fable 3 and other games free for having Xbox Gold

Slimpsy1647545505

Not sure if anyone knew this but apparently Xbox Gold members are now randomly rewarded with a free game every couple of weeks. The current free game is Fable 3. . . for a limited time. I picked it up.

I guess it's a new ongoing incentive to be a Gold member (to compete with the perks of Playstation+ I assume, which also offers free games for members) but thought I'd share for those who didn't know who may wanna dust off their system to get some free games!

Just go to Games--Browse--Featured...then Free with Gold.

GET SOME!

Is there a schedule for future games? Good to know we should keep this thread going with updates.

Nope, just says "check every couple weeks for future titles".

I guess the first 2 titles were Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3. That would have been a nice score. Definitely something to keep up on!

Nope, just says "check every couple weeks for future titles".

I guess the first 2 titles were Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3. That would have been a nice score. Definitely something to keep up on!

I think those are next month's

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/10/microsoft-fires-back-at-sony-with-free-game-downloads-for-xbox-live-gold-gamers/

Starting on July 1, XBOX Live Gold members who still have XBOX 360s will get two free game downloads per month to keep — according to Microsoft SVP Yusuf Mehdi, Assassin’s Creed 2 and Halo 3 will be among the first titles to be available for Gold subscribers.

Fable III was the only one this month to celebrate the launch of the new console.

That's a really cool incentive. Been a gold member for many years now and good to see Microsoft giving back to its members. Too bad already played through fable3 though. Took me all of 4 days to max out bout everything. Just one of those series that glued to me I guess...

Not an RPG fan so Fable doesn't matter. Will download Assassin's Creed 2 next month. Have AC3 but still haven't played it. Will also get Halo 3. Played it hardcore for a good bit when it came out then my friends and I just kinda determined that is sucked in comparison to Halo CE/Halo 2 one day and dropped it cold turkey. Will be fun to goof off on it again for free.

I remember one map specifically where it was pretty simple to get a bunch of people in a warthog and drive everyone off the map for the lulz. Friend even made a new gamertag for it... OffTheCliffWeGo. People still got in the warthog with him.