2004 mini cooper S

Ryan218

this came from calif. car had 42k on it now and 43k on it now. i have got stuck with the un fun task of fixing it. it has a few problems. this car was bought site un seen and i highly recomeded against them buying this site un seen. and shipped to columbus, but hey when you have money to burn who cares right?

so here are the problems. oil pan is leaking. it is always running out of oil. says he is losing maybe 2 qts from it every 500 miles.

also he states above 90mph he is always smelling oil. ( my thought it from the leaking. dont appear to be burning it.

oil pan gasket replaceable with motor still in car?

radio powers on fine i can go from radio to cd ect but have no sound. i hear its a common problem with the h/k sound system that the amp dies? how can i test for this and by chance are there any fuses i can check?

it has 18" wheels on it with a 35 side wall. rear wheels are tipped in. this fixed with an alliment? or do aftermarket controll arms or something need to be installed first? not sure what it is lowerd on but i know its lowerd. has some sort of exhasut as well as an intake.

also power sterring lines are leaking. after looking in the engine bay looks like this will be a massive pain in the ass.

The oil pan gasket is somewhat common. So is a leak from the crank seal that appears to be an oil pan gasket leak. Both can be fixed with motor in car. You'll need to go into service mode.

How To for Crank Sensor Seal

H/K system amps fry. No real way to test them. Expensive to replace and hard to find.

18" Wheels on a 1st gen MINI in Columbus is a bad idea. Go back to a 17" with a 215/45.

It's quite normal for there to be a bit of negative camber in the rears. However if lowered then a set of adjustable control arms are a good idea. Only need two in the lower positions, no need for all 4.

Columbus has a fairly active MINI community. Mid-Ohio Motoring using Motoring Alliance for its forum space. I own Motoring Alliance.

Mid-Ohio Motoring area on Motoring Alliance.

You'll find us a friendly lot with a penchant for donuts.

The oil pan gasket is somewhat common. So is a leak from the crank seal that appears to be an oil pan gasket leak. Both can be fixed with motor in car. You'll need to go into service mode.

How To for Crank Sensor Seal

H/K system amps fry. No real way to test them. Expensive to replace and hard to find.

18" Wheels on a 1st gen MINI in Columbus is a bad idea. Go back to a 17" with a 215/45.

It's quite normal for there to be a bit of negative camber in the rears. However if lowered then a set of adjustable control arms are a good idea. Only need two in the lower positions, no need for all 4.

Columbus has a fairly active MINI community. Mid-Ohio Motoring using Motoring Alliance for its forum space. I own Motoring Alliance.

Mid-Ohio Motoring area on Motoring Alliance.

You'll find us a friendly lot with a penchant for donuts.

that's what ive seen so far guess ill tear into it this weeknd

wanna buy it :) its near mint with 2 dents and oil leaks and bad amp ;)

also it actually has 19's on it lol I double checked