I need a chain

Hondajt

Well, my chain now is dragging against my centerstand!!!!!

Let that sink in for a minute. Did it hit you yet?

WTF???

It's almost like there is one too many links. It's stupid. Plus I bought it used, and I am paranoid. (the bike, not the chain, lol)

OEM is too expensive. I do not track the bike. Anyone got any suggestions?

I am currently experiencing the same exact problem! :mad: I thought everything was fine but a friend pointed out that my chain was dragging on my swingarm....it seems like everything that goes wrong with the bike costs like $250-$300 to repair! The only thing is I also bought my bike used and apparently the chain has 16k miles on it. Per my research, this is about the lifetime that chains last (give or take 2k). I wonder how many miles you had on your chain. Sorry to hear about it and down here in Dayton we have beautiful weather so it sucks not to be out there.....I ordered my OEM chain and sprocket already but was wondering if I can just take my bike to a shop and get them to take a few links out until my replacement chain arrives....what do you guys think? Take care and ride safe out there guys!

~Darius

not the best idea darius...

just adjust the wheel out, and get a new set asap...

The thing is it is adjusted all the way out!! You make a good point magley, as I have heard that it "weakens the chain" when you take a link out. I was thinking if it was going to be for just a couple days it would not matter too much....what are your thoughts....also thx for the help thus far

if you adjusted it all the way out you should have replaced it a LONG time ago...

they shoudl have a chain in stock, if it's just going to be a few days, get the chain today, wait for the sprockets, and change ASAP so your old sprockets don't ruin your new chain...

if you adjusted it all the way out you should have replaced it a LONG time ago...

they shoudl have a chain in stock, if it's just going to be a few days, get the chain today, wait for the sprockets, and change ASAP so your old sprockets don't ruin your new chain...

now thats some good advice...thx...the only thing is i already ordered the chain and sprockets that should be here in a couple of days....puts me in a little bit of a bind...wondered what your thoughts are on taking out links until the parts arrive in a few days....i'm assuming that from your previous posts you would advise against it:(....thx bro!

if it's a last resort, it's a last resort, but it's never fun to lose a chain...

a master link is going to cost about $5 to $10, and i'm not sure if any shops would be willing to do it given the safety concerns...

if you got a chain tool, it's probably a better choice than riding around with your chain dragging.

good luck!

if it's a last resort, it's a last resort, but it's never fun to lose a chain...

a master link is going to cost about $5 to $10, and i'm not sure if any shops would be willing to do it given the safety concerns...

if you got a chain tool, it's probably a better choice than riding around with your chain dragging.

good luck!

honestly, thx for all the help and hope i didn't jack the thread :D...you have helped me out tremendously....take care and ride safe all... +1 to Duane for being so gracious...

~Darius