Ran a toll ?s

SRTurbo04

Coming home from new jersey this past weekend was coming down the i76 bridge toll road( I think its the Walt Whitman Bridge) in Philadelphia, PA and went In the cash lane/ez pass lane that was open. But there was no one there to take my cash, and cars were piling up behind me so I had to go through it. Do you know what happens with this?

Im trying to pay it but for the life of me cant find out how to do that!

Any one have any insight on how to pay it ide rather not get some big ticket in the mail over a 5$ toll.

Coming home from new jersey this past weekend was coming down the i95 deleware expressway bridge toll road in Philadelphia, PA and went In the cash lane/ez pass lane that was open. But there was no one there to take my cash, and cars were piling up behind me so I had to go through it. Do you know what happens with this?

Im trying to pay it but for the life of me cant find out how to do that!

Any one have any insight on how to pay it ide rather not get some big ticket in the mail over a 5$ toll.

Check the PennDOT website. I know the NYS Thruway is like $25 for first ticket

Yeah, website ought to have some sort of instructions, or at least a "Contact Us" number/email. When I was in FL a couple years back and hopped on the 528 between Orlando and Cape Canaveral and didn't have any sort of coinage with me for the entrance bucket, they just said "Cut a check with your plate number and mail it in, no big deal."

Check the PennDOT website. I know the NYS Thruway is like $25 for first ticket

yeah there website blows lol been on here half hour.

I wouldnt worry about it. You get a few freebies before they start sending you "bills" in the mail. I blew through one in chitown once and never got anything for it.

Just kidding, you gon get raped.

:lol:

They will send you something in the mail, I paid someone to get on a greyhound for 18 hours and drive a car to me. They realized I didn't pay them nearly as much and got pissed and rolled through all the tolls, hahaha. Yep you get a nice bill in the mail

http://www.drpa.org/drpa/faq.html

What happens if I go through an E-ZPass lane by mistake?

You do not need to call DRPA if you go through an E-ZPass lane by mistake at one of DRPA's four bridges. The system is automated and cannot be interrupted. Cameras in the toll lanes automatically take pictures of vehicles that pass through E-ZPass lane without an E-ZPass. The vehicle's license plate is run through our database of existing E-ZPass customers. If there is a match, the correct toll will be deducted from the customer's E-ZPass account. If there is no match, the information is sent to the state's DMV to obtain the vehicle owner's name and address. You should be nicer to Mitch in chat. The owner is then sent a Violation Notice requesting payment of toll plus an administrative fee. If this is your first time, we will waive the administrative fee if toll payment is made promptly.

http://www.drpa.org/drpa/faq.html

What happens if I go through an E-ZPass lane by mistake?

You do not need to call DRPA if you go through an E-ZPass lane by mistake at one of DRPA's four bridges. The system is automated and cannot be interrupted. Cameras in the toll lanes automatically take pictures of vehicles that pass through E-ZPass lane without an E-ZPass. The vehicle's license plate is run through our database of existing E-ZPass customers. If there is a match, the correct toll will be deducted from the customer's E-ZPass account. If there is no match, the information is sent to the state's DMV to obtain the vehicle owner's name and address. You should be nicer to Mitch in chat. The owner is then sent a Violation Notice requesting payment of toll plus an administrative fee. If this is your first time, we will waive the administrative fee if toll payment is made promptly.

good man thanks for the info.

IIRC the admin fee is close to $100.....

half sites say its 25 fee half say no fee for the first few. only like one has said 100 bucks so I have no idea I will call them tomorrow or wait for the bill.

just sucks that some tool wasent there when the lane was open :mad:!

half sites say its 25 fee half say no fee for the first few. only like one has said 100 bucks so I have no idea I will call them tomorrow or wait for the bill.

just sucks that some tool wasent there when the lane was open :mad:!

Theyll probably just let it slide, being your car is registered in a diff state and there was no guy there.

We had a driver accidentally go through an EZ Pass lane that was unmanned also.

Really similar situation. Traffic behind him.. no one in that lane to take the money.

They sent us a bill for the toll + an admin fee of $100ish. We called and complained and they did lower it since it was a first time. But the initial bill sent was for over $100

dad did this with the trailer behind him in Florida near Miami. If I recall correctly it took about 2 months for him to get something about it in the mail. I believe it mailed with a picture of the camper and his truck.