Diesel Techs

dover

Now trust me I would love to pick up a duramax, and I am not counting them out. If I were to pick up a F250/F350 with the 6.0L, I heard they are garbage till you do EGR delete and head studs. Anything else that would need to be done to it? What does it cost to do that kind of job?

You want to get a 05/06 truck. They have the updated turbo that throws the fins out everytime it shuts off. The 03/04 trucks didnt do this.If you didnt run the dog shit out of them often the fins would get stuck out and immediately overboost when you pushed the throttle. The revision fixed this. Do a egr delete asap. Head studs I have never done them on one before. You do want to get a filter on the cooling system though. The blocks have sand in them from being cast. Change the filter 2 times and the sand will be gone. Also the 05/06 trucks are better looking with the new fashia and they have a much tighter turning radius and ride since its coil vs leaf sprung.