Bulletproof car - Dumb way to find out if it works

Green Bastard

With API ammo he would have been hurting for sure. FMJ would have been a better test of the strength of that armor, but would the guy in the car have walked away if they were using FMJ rounds?

I think you're trying to elude to steel core ammo. Most rounds these days have a full metal jacket. Something like M855 (green tip 5.56) has a little steel core penatrator within the round. Rounds like MK262 or MK319, are designed for "barrier busting". The glass on most up-armored vehicles is usually the strongest part of the armor. That glass is stronger than some of the thickest armor steel plating.

I think you're trying to elude to steel core ammo. Most rounds these days have a full metal jacket. Something like M855 (green tip 5.56) has a little steel core penatrator within the round. Rounds like MK262 or MK319, are designed for "barrier busting". The glass on most up-armored vehicles is usually the strongest part of the armor. That glass is stronger than some of the thickest armor steel plating.

Probably. I'm not really familiar with guns or terms, I've just heard them called FMJ (and not just on video games lol).