Need help locating an herbicide locally

SpaceGhost

Yeah I saw that on the net, was hoping a little more local (I'm in north Westerville, Del Co). I'm about 45 min from Marion not that far, but thought I'd ask if I was just missing an obvious store to farmers that I didn't know exists.

Try Advanced Turf Solutions

3700 Parkway Ln

Hilliard

(866) 998-8873

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to kill? Poison Oak/Ivy?

Will do tomorrow, I called but got Voicemail. Thanks man.

Yes, poison Ivy, we have an easement, that we cleaned up and planted grass 2 months ago. It's doing really well, but we have poison ivy that keeps coming back, and the rug rats keep getting into it. Pretty frustrating.

Edited by Benjamin

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/16/6aqanege.jpg

This 20x60 foot rectangle was brush about 8-10 foot high in April, had 0 grass in it. We cleared it out and I planted grass seed. It came in great, but would like to seed again in the fall, and would really like to clean it up a bit more.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/16/8y6upagu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/16/ynezuses.jpg

There is poison ivy and other small woody brush plants, and I want just grass. I've read Crossbow is perfect for this. Granted I need a few ounces, my neighbors my use it too.

Yes, Ive used it before for that exact type of application and it does great...I got it off amazon before tho.

Yeah was thinking about that, but was hoping to be able to score some tomorrow and put it on Wednesday morning early.

Does this stuff Scorched Earth, or just kill the trash and leave the grass?

KillJoy

I've read no harm to grass, just small woody broad leaf plants. Roundup is scorched earth, I'm trying to avoid killing the investment I made. Read the link I posted on the first post.

Does this stuff Scorched Earth, or just kill the trash and leave the grass?

KillJoy

It is a postemergent product that targets woody plants and brush – such as blackberries and poison oak – as well as annual and perennial broadleaves, while leaving grasses unharmed.

I've read no harm to grass, just small woody broad leaf plants. Roundup is scorched earth, I'm trying to avoid killing the investment I made. Read the link I posted on the first post.

It is a postemergent product that targets woody plants and brush – such as blackberries and poison oak – as well as annual and perennial broadleaves, while leaving grasses unharmed.

Would it kill a tree?

KillJoy

I don't think so, I will not be putting it down in a huge amount. Mixing seems to be 1.5-2oz per gallon of water. I will only need 2 oz for a gallon mix I think, but that's the way it comes $75 :o for 1 gallon, but I read it's the best. My neighbors have the same stuff to clear out so we may split the cost.

To kill a tree, I would have to spray it up on the leaves, it's supposed to be water resistant after 2 hrs, so it shouldn't wash off into soil.

Edited by Benjamin