Bought a dodge truck, have questions, dodge techs?

wnaplay1647545503

Have the opportunity to pick one up for a good price. No way to find out any real details on it as it was a repossessed truck that I know runs but needs a battery or alternator most likely. I assume that since the value isn't similar to like Chevy and fords that these may have some issues to watch for. Truck has the 5.7 hemi. Not what I wanted and the truck isn't mint but the price seems right.

I can never afford what I want so I just get was sparks my fancy. Picked it up now I have questions. It came with a generic key and now I need to know if its capable of being used with a key FOB. I know I would have to buy one and have the key cut but how do I know if I am even capable of using one with it?

AFAIK if it's got power locks and mirrors it's probably capable if having a FOB. I gave the dealer the last 8 of my Ford's VIN and the sold me one for $50ish.

My brothers 05 has a FOB...my dads 07 has a key...I imagine the key would be more expensive.

Doesn't matter the year as to if it is just a key or a FOB. Dodge/Ram still offers models without keyless entry/security/etc. You should be able to stop in at a Dodge dealership and have them print out the build sheet which will let you know if it came with a FOB.

Contacted a dealership and spoke withaservice guy that looked up the truck. Now I need to find someone who works at a local dodge dealership and can give me a hookup on a new key/fob thing. Oh and I found out my truck has factory remote start so there's that.

Not sure about dodge, but when I was a toyota tech we didnt get any discount on parts.. As far as programming it, they could probably hook you up on that.

• 2 weeks later...