Sportech windscreen issue

mattm

This is on my 2004 CBR600RR that I bought recently. I have no experience with these windscreens and the bike came with this one. I have attached pictures. Anyone have experience with this phenomenon and know how to fix it?

I hear sportech has a good reputation, but I am thinking I should just find a sticker that works to cover this up..

picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2857&thumb=1picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2856&thumb=1picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2855&thumb=1

Edited by mattm

I believe I had the same problem on my 04 600rr. It looks like the chrome/color is being rubbed off. If so, its caused by the foam insert located aroud the middle light. I ended up getting a new one and cutting off the foam around the light/windscreen section. I believe most of the new sportech screens come with a static plastic piece there now, but yours may have not.

Contact them and see what they say. I tried a matching color sticker there for mine at first, but it just got bubbled with all the wind and looked like crap.

I believe I had the same problem on my 04 600rr. It looks like the chrome/color is being rubbed off. If so, its caused by the foam insert located aroud the middle light. I ended up getting a new one and cutting off the foam around the light/windscreen section. I believe most of the new sportech screens come with a static plastic piece there now, but yours may have not.

Contact them and see what they say. I tried a matching color sticker there for mine at first, but it just got bubbled with all the wind and looked like crap.

Thanks for the tip. I called Sportech and sent them the pictures and they are going to send me a new one for $25. Shipping and materials I guess. Props to them for helping me out as I bought the bike used and this windscreen was already on it. Probably purchased in 04 or 05.

Got the windscreen today. I guess they sent me a V-Flow and the old one was a classic. Still trying to get used to the V-Flow look and not sure I will stay with it. May spray the section that is rubbed off with black spraypaint or may sand the finish off the old one and paint it black. Not too sure of the looks of V-Flow on the CBR. Could just be me getting used to the look.

Anyone with a V-Flow have any comments on how it is to ride with this windscreen? Been drinking tonight and will not ride until tomorrow morning. Does it provide less buffeting?

Thanks

I accidently ordered the V-flow on my old bike after having the same problem with the classic. I got use to it, but did like the classic better. As for difference in wind...I didn't notice any. Just make sure you either have a barrier between the foam now or cut it away.

Anybody want to trade a sportech classic for a brand new V-flow black chrome for a 2003 or 2004 cbr600rr? Looking for smoke or black chrome. The V-Flow is brand new. Will sell it separately if needed but would like a trade.