Anyone good at knife sharpening or do it professionally?

Cereal_Killer

I'm wondering if anyone is really good at knife sharpening around Columbus or if there is a company someone can recommend that isn't overly expensive. I've recently gotten a few new (used but new to me) knives for really good deals and while I've always been able to maintain a decent edge on my smiths diamond sharpeners 2 of my new ones in particular are so fucked up I just can not put a good edge on them to maintain. If anyone has a good quality sharpening setup (preferably hand, but a machine would work too) and could hook me please let me know.

Rivers Edge Cutlery over off Fishinger Blvd.

+1 It's like $3-4/blade. They do it on a belt sander, but it's a quick and nice job, though a little rough. You might take it to them for the initial reshaping and go from there with your stones. That's what I generally do.

+1 It's like $3-4/blade. They do it on a belt sander, but it's a quick and nice job, though a little rough. You might take it to them for the initial reshaping and go from there with your stones. That's what I generally do.

$4 per blade? I was worried it was gonna be to much, that's a great deal (to me anyway). Is it walk in and they do it while I wait or do I need to call and make an appt?

Thanks guys.

$4 per blade? I was worried it was gonna be to much, that's a great deal (to me anyway). Is it walk in and they do it while I wait or do I need to call and make an appt?

Thanks guys.

Walk in.

And it's an awesome store to look around in; so much cool stuff. They usually have my blades done before I'm ready to quit looking.

Thanks guys.

Another + for them! Just walk in, and they do it while you wait.

:thumbup:

KillJoy