350 compared to 305

gt-titan

Just because its centerbolt doesn't mean its a vortec motor, just means the heads are 86.5 or later. If the motor came out of a 92 camaro then its definitely not a vortec (provided it was the original motor for the car). The throttlebody will work but I don't remember if the injectors are different sizes or not. You will definitely need a tune though. I would seriously look for a better set of heads if you are putting a 350 in. And I would say it would be much cheaper to put a gen 1 sbc in than an lsx, hell I bought my last short block 350 for $125 (in usable shape).

Just because its centerbolt doesn't mean its a vortec motor, just means the heads are 86.5 or later. If the motor came out of a 92 camaro then its definitely not a vortec (provided it was the original motor for the car). The throttlebody will work but I don't remember if the injectors are different sizes or not. You will definitely need a tune though. I would seriously look for a better set of heads if you are putting a 350 in. And I would say it would be much cheaper to put a gen 1 sbc in than an lsx, hell I bought my last short block 350 for $125 (in usable shape).

Depends on how frugal and patient you are. I found two friends a complete 5.3L truck motor with harnesses, PCM and trans for 250. Basically you drop em in and go. Now I will say, this isn't typical and you have to be REALLY patient, but it is doable.

Depends on how frugal and patient you are. I found two friends a complete 5.3L truck motor with harnesses, PCM and trans for 250. Basically you drop em in and go. Now I will say, this isn't typical and you have to be REALLY patient, but it is doable.

Next time you find that deal I'll give you a $50 finders fee just to hook me up.

well thanks everyone for great info...im going to go with the 355 short block i can get and a good set of heads and keep the rest of the stuff on my motor now.... thanks again for all the help....i am a ford guy with my first chevy so wish me luck... thanks ...

Next time you find that deal I'll give you a $50 finders fee just to hook me up.

I haven't been looking but still run across them from time to time. After people keep telling me things like this I think I'm just going to start snapping them all up and re-selling them for $500+. Nah, i'm not that greedy but if I do run across any I'll be sure to let you know. The problem is, usually they go FAST so unless you are ready to jump in your truck and go get it then, as you can figure, they don't last.

I haven't been looking but still run across them from time to time. After people keep telling me things like this I think I'm just going to start snapping them all up and re-selling them for $500+. Nah, i'm not that greedy but if I do run across any I'll be sure to let you know. The problem is, usually they go FAST so unless you are ready to jump in your truck and go get it then, as you can figure, they don't last.[/QU

.. lol.....thanks,,,

Edited by gt-titan

toughguy eh?

0 fucks given

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem..... "Vehicles: 1992 mustang lx"

That explains everything now.

no tough guy here.....but everything i got is faster then urs....and i know how to talk shit as well as u...so keep talkin...bro...