A Special QSL meetup to benefit Pelotonia, Fri 8-9-13

Doc1647545523

This Friday, August 9th, 6-10 p.m., Quaker Steak (8500 Lyra Dr., Columbus) is hosting a Car Show to benefit Pelotonia 13. 100% of funds raised will benefit cancer research for The James Hospital at OSU.

$15 donation to enter the show. Spectators free. Handmade trophies for the following classes:

1st & 2nd: American RWD

1st & 2nd: Asian RWD

Best European

Best AWD

Best FWD

Best of Show

For more info contact Anthony Stamm, Stamm.AGS@gmail.com 614-657-0575

I hope to see you all there! :D

Edited by Doc

Great cause, but odd that they are going to have it during the opening ceremonies for Pelotonia which I'll be at as a rider.

Damn just realized its until 10... that cuts into mopar time..

Very poor planning on qsl's part due to those two events.

I hope it turns out good though since its for charity but alotttt of people will be elsewhere.

Very poor planning on qsl's part due to those two events.

I hope it turns out good though since its for charity but alotttt of people will be elsewhere.

I'm not sure I'm following you on this, Paul. QSL didn't plan and organize the event; it was set up by an individual (Anthony Stamm) working on the charity and he's being helped by friends in the G club, who hold a regular Friday night meet at QSL. He asked QSL and the club if he could do the show and they agreed.

I doubt that the organizer was hoping that a bunch of Pelotonia riders would bring cars out to a car show to raise money for Pelotonia. I think this is aimed at the car crowd who might want to donate to the charity but aren't necessarily involved in the charity in any other way.

If the weather's good, I would expect 30 cars or so. Even 10 cars raises money for Pelotonia, which is a good thing. :)

I'm not sure I'm following you on this, Paul. QSL didn't plan and organize the event; it was set up by an individual (Anthony Stamm) working on the charity and he's being helped by friends in the G club, who hold a regular Friday night meet at QSL. He asked QSL and the club if he could do the show and they agreed.

I doubt that the organizer was hoping that a bunch of Pelotonia riders would bring cars out to a car show to raise money for Pelotonia. I think this is aimed at the car crowd who might want to donate to the charity but aren't necessarily involved in the charity in any other way.

If the weather's good, I would expect 30 cars or so. Even 10 cars raises money for Pelotonia, which is a good thing. :)

I always wondered why they are so many damn Infinity's there taking up all the good spaces on Friday nights.

Might be there weather pending.

PS - Where's the truck class? :p

Where's the truck class? :p

Any idea what time awards will be?

From the first post: For more info contact Anthony Stamm, Stamm.AGS@gmail.com 614-657-0575

I'm not an organizer for it or a member of the G club -- Anthony just asked if I could help him get the word out. I support the charity and will likely come out at least to spectate if the weather cooperates.