2000 HP GTR

JuicedH22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title bar on top of the video said "2000 HP GTR"

AM I the only one who sees that?

Yes, I saw it. It says 2000HP, not 2000whp. The key is the "w." 2000HP (i.e., what it's making at the crank, I presume) translates into 1760whp (i.e., the amount of power it's putting to the wheels).

Jones and Juiced are being a bit elitist by smugly laughing at everyone who failed to pick up on that. Personally, I think it's a bit misleading, as I think the inclination is to think 2000whp when you see something titled "2000HP."

Yes, I saw it. It says 2000HP, not 2000whp. The key is the "w." 2000HP (i.e., what it's making at the crank, I presume) translates into 1760whp (i.e., the amount of power it's putting to the wheels).

Jones and Juiced are being a bit elitist by smugly laughing at everyone who failed to pick up on that. Personally, I think it's a bit misleading, as I think the inclination is to think 2000whp when you see something titled "2000HP."

I did no such smug laughing, I agreed that the assertion that my thread title was inaccurate. I also prefer use of whp, though agree the standard to non-car people is crank... Since that is what industry uses for automobile posted number.

That should be your M.O.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That's a lot of periods.

I did no such smug laughing, I agreed that the assertion that my thread title was inaccurate. I also prefer use of whp, though agree the standard to non-car people is crank... Since that is what industry uses for automobile posted number.

Shut your smug mouth when you quote me.

I think his is white

No, it's mine - painted the same spectra blue micra as my Supra. I drove it for a bit last week, actually surprised at how well it responds below 7k - I'd say more in line with a stock BRZ from a 5-40 mph roll. :) It's perfectly 'streetable' in virtually every sense as it was built to run Underground 2R cars and dig race anyone else. Turbos will make a couple hundred more hp - not sure if that 3.8L motor can handle it - but we'll find out in a few weeks when I'm back in town.

As for the "2000 hp" title, agree, a bit misleading, but I guess potentially rounding up to a bhp number had a nice ring to it for the marketing guy.

Happy to bring it down next month if anyone wants a dig or roll race.

No, it's mine - painted the same spectra blue micra as my Supra. I drove it for a bit last week, actually surprised at how well it responds below 7k - I'd say more in line with a stock BRZ from a 5-40 mph roll. :) It's perfectly 'streetable' in virtually every sense as it was built to run Underground 2R cars and dig race anyone else. Turbos will make a couple hundred more hp - not sure if that 3.8L motor can handle it - but we'll find out in a few weeks when I'm back in town.

As for the "2000 hp" title, agree, a bit misleading, but I guess potentially rounding up to a bhp number had a nice ring to it for the marketing guy.

I thought switzer said papa smurf car oh well looks good, what turbos you running

Allow me to publicly say: I hate you.

I feel like a democrat for the first time, and I think you should have to redistribute the wealth, namely to me. You can start by giving me one of your cars.

Thats your boy Tym.

Since Jamie is being nice-I will say that David himself told Jamie he is not welcome-no joke. Said they would not be allowed in the gates!

Ya'll believe that shit? :dumb:

Are you serious not allowed wtf