For anyone thinking about going to Heath tomorrow night for Mopar...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Don't waste your time! They have absolutely turned this event into a shit hole. The Mayor of Heath is a real genius let me tell ya. He has this idea of forcing everyone southward on 79. There is not really anywhere to sit down there. In order to succeed they put no parking signs up in Southgate (the biggest parking lot in Heath), were towing vehicles who still parked there. They also had cops parking on the street over top of areas where water had been thrown for burnouts. They also forced everyone into 1 lane of traffic either way.

I have been going for the last 13 years and I can easily say I won't be there tomorrow night because of this. Figured I would give everyone a heads up and maybe save you some gas/time. I really hope all the Mopar guys decide to take the cruise elsewhere and stick it to Heath.

• Downvote 1

Don't waste your time! They have absolutely turned this event into a shit hole. The Mayor of Heath is a real genius let me tell ya. He has this idea of forcing everyone southward on 79. There is not really anywhere to sit down there. In order to succeed they put no parking signs up in Southgate (the biggest parking lot in Heath), were towing vehicles who still parked there. They also had cops parking on the street over top of areas where water had been thrown for burnouts. They also forced everyone into 1 lane of traffic either way.

I have been going for the last 13 years and I can easily say I won't be there tomorrow night because of this. Figured I would give everyone a heads up and maybe save you some gas/time. I really hope all the Mopar guys decide to take the cruise elsewhere and stick it to Heath.

You mean to say a town didn't want a bunch of cars tooling around and doing burnouts in the street being chodes?

http://i.imgur.com/KFDZfdj.jpg

No, they have allowed it the last 20+ years with no issues. Hell most years the cops just sit there and don't pull anyone over. Now they are shutting it down at 11pm, forcing it to 1 lane and just being royal pricks. For the people of Newark/Heath this is almost a tradition. I can't tell you how many cars suddenly come out that you never see otherwise (local cars).

No, they have allowed it the last 20+ years with no issues. Hell most years the cops just sit there and don't pull anyone over. Now they are shutting it down at 11pm, forcing it to 1 lane and just being royal pricks.

It used to be in Reynoldsburg for years....

If I was a resident of Heath, I'd be thrilled if they left.

It used to be in Reynoldsburg for years....

If I was a resident of Heath, I'd be thrilled if they left.

Yeah it did used to be in Reynoldsburg, it's also on Brice Road but Heath is by far the biggest cruise of the weekend. I take it you've never been to the Heath one before? I guess you have to live here to really understand it...FWIW there is about 10k people on 79 during this, that's probably Heath's population lol.

No I am not kidding. Where was you sitting at? I was right next to the old Ruby Tuesday's which is usually right in the thick of things. They towed atleast 2 trucks while we was sitting there. There is no parking signs clearly posted at Southgate by the road. We counted 5 cars doing burnouts around us in the hour and a half we was there before leaving. We also watched a couple cars get pulled over for doing burnouts on up the road from where we was sitting. They placed a motorcycle cop right on the corner by Ruby Tuesdays forcing people into a single line of traffic and had cops parking on the water as I mentioned earlier. I am not the only one who left tonight feeling like this, just the only one posting about it haha.

In case you care, you can read the article from our paper which talks about their plan for ticketing people and moving them southward

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013308080026

Here's one of the better comments on that article. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thinks it was bad:

Kenn Monroe · Top Commenter · Newark Senior High School

Well another LIE by the city of Heath they shut it down at 10:00. A beautiful night for the cruise and they shut it down early. Not near the number of cars out cruising as previous years either. I can smell DEATH

"Gawd dammit sun, we brought dat got damn bleach out fer nuthin. They ain't even letting em do dem der burnouts on a public street wif kits around. I tell ya hwhat, it's got damn communism. Ferst dey wunt muh guns, now dey wunt muh burnouts. Dam dem all to hell!!"

"Gawd dammit sun, we brought dat got damn bleach out fer nuthin. They ain't even letting em do dem der burnouts on a public street wif kits around. I tell ya hwhat, it's got damn communism. Ferst dey wunt muh guns, now dey wunt muh burnouts. Dam dem all to hell!!"

I don't think a lot of those people even care about the kids over there. I went out there like 2 years ago and watched an entire family try to get some kid in an srt 4 neon to light em up. The dad jumps out in front and dumps water, so the srt kid does it. After about 30 seconds of a half decent smoke show, the kid on the side of the road ( and I mean kid, I'd guess no older than 10) jumps out in front of this car and yells "get this riced out piece of shit out of here." All while the parents just stood there and laughed.

Are you kidding? There were plenty of places to park and a ton of action. I didnt see them pull anyone over for burn outs. They shut it down at 10:30 like every year.

I had no issues parking. Enjoyed watching all of the cars cruise.

This, it was friday anyway, most years they keep it quiet fridays and let them have fun saturday.