Help please!!! Broken shell extractor

Diamonds

Hi guys,

I was shooting steel case through my AR10 and a shell got stuck. We got the bolt to release but it took the entire bottom off the case and now the rest of the casing is stuck in there.

2 questions:

1. Can someone please assist me with the removal? I need to get it ready for next weekend.

Thanks

Mojoe, that is an awesome offer. I did take it to the powder room, they said it will be done in a few days for 10-15 bucks, thanks though, really!

Given how they run their range, I'd be scared to have it there. I'd wait a month for Gun Envy to have an opening before leaving it there. I can have the builder at Gun Envy look at it for you rather than have it at powder room, if you like. Just saying, if you're going to leave it with someone, a builder is best.

I have had zero issues running steel through my various low and high end AR15's... And will continue to do so. The title of the thread was not "tell me that I shouldn't run steel case ammo". Your opinions on it won't sway me one way or another.

Didn't know what double or single action meant in February, now is a seasoned gun vet.

I was unaware that I claimed that title for myself. Do tell...?

I believe (in my last post) I spoke about the copious amount of steel ammo I've run in my AR's and that I would not change that. Never claiming to be an expert. Hence the thread asking for help.

For the record, I do not claim to be a "Seasoned gun vet". You tried to label me with that self proclaimed title. Remember that....

Do me a favor, look at the gun crew forum and see how many threads I make in search of info and help. Then come back here, and tell me why you seem to think that I think of myself as a "seasoned gun vet".

But hey, thanks for your useful contribution in my thread where I asked for help.......

Here's something useful for this tater thread. If you have the funds to own an AR10 then buy decent ammo to shoot through it rather then shit bucket steel cased garbage :thumbup:

I'm not trying to be a dick but everytime I hear about something like this happening on an AR platform it seems to be based around somebody shooting steel cased ammo through it.

Here's something useful for this tater thread. If you have the funds to own an AR10 then buy decent ammo to shoot through it rather then shit bucket steel cased garbage :thumbup:

I'm not trying to be a dick but everytime I hear about something like this happening on an AR platform it seems to be based around somebody shooting steel cased ammo through it.

Not so fast, go back to post number 10 and make proof of your discovery....

you said"Didn't know what double or single action meant in February, now is a seasoned gun vet. "

Then I said....

I was unaware that I claimed that title for myself. Do tell...?

I believe (in my last post) I spoke about the copious amount of steel ammo I've run in my AR's and that I would not change that. Never claiming to be an expert. Hence the thread asking for help.

For the record, I do not claim to be a "Seasoned gun vet". You tried to label me with that self proclaimed title. Remember that....

Do me a favor, look at the gun crew forum and see how many threads I make in search of info and help. Then come back here, and tell me why you seem to think that I think of myself as a "seasoned gun vet".

This is your call out to call me out.... GO!

Use steel ammo they said, it will be fine they said........

I'd listen to Joe. Gun Envy will be able to get it out.

Gun's done, cost was zero dollars.

But I do like gunenvy a lot... they seemed to be backed up a bit.

Have fun at BR today!!!

You want to go next Saturday? we have a group of like 5 people going.

What bbl are you running?

Taken from CMMG website.

"16" 416 Stainless Steel, 1:10" Twist, 5/8-24 Threaded"

Here is the link:

https://www.cmmginc.com/product_p/38AEA9A.htm

Barrel is marked .308

Called them (CMMG tech service) before ever shooting it and asked what I could run. They straight up told me I could run .308 and 762NATO... I questioned that... and they assured me it was perfectly fine.

The ammo I was using was the .308 herters yellow box (or TULA as someone said its rebranded).

I have also heard that 308 is a higher pressure round than 762 NATO? is this true? If so, that seems backwards to the 223/556 debate.

....The ammo I was using was the .308 herters yellow box (or TULA as someone said its rebranded).

Were you able to run enough rounds through your AR10 to determine how accurate the ammo is? I haven't seen any comparisons on this stuff yet.

It's crazy that you posted that! I have read that article and the results. It tells me that it's much cheaper to shoot steel and replace barrels than shoot brass.

Yes, that is true for most ARs out there. I have a 600 del-ton AR that I just have to plink with steel ammo. But the crap will never touch my LMT CQB, LWRC M6A2 SPR.

But remember, those tests were done with some cheap bushmaster chrome lined barrels. You have a SS nitride treated match barrel, don't see the point of shooting cheap steel just to save a few bucks. Do that with a cheap 800 dollar AR10 and not a 2000 dollar ar10. lol