Help please!!! Broken shell extractor

Diamonds

Were you able to run enough rounds through your AR10 to determine how accurate the ammo is? I haven't seen any comparisons on this stuff yet.

Steel is just as accurate as mass produced brass ammo for an average shooter. The shooters that have legitimate concerns about ammo accuracy doesn't shoot steel ammo.

Steel is just as accurate as mass produced brass ammo for an average shooter. The shooters that have legitimate concerns about ammo accuracy doesn't shoot steel ammo.

I assume that you are alluding to reloading your own, which is certainly the best way to get ultimate accuracy out of a particular rifle.

There is such a thing as factory "Match grade" ammo that is of the steel case variety, however.

Some of us shooters need to have steel cased ammo that is accurate! Not everyone is shooting an AR10. ;)

Edited by jjjxlr8

It's crazy that you posted that! I have read that article and the results. It tells me that it's much cheaper to shoot steel and replace barrels than shoot brass.

So long as you don't care if the barrel stays accurate very long, or care about extra malfunctions. I surely wouldn't use it in an expensive barrel. Once I burn through what little I have left I will never use Tula again.

I just did a quick search on the Herter's steel case .308 ammo and was a bit surprised by the number of case extraction problems as well as case head separations (very bad!!).

Diamonds - you may want to do some searching on this stuff if you haven't already. There are WAY too many reports of kabooms and damaged firearms with this ammo!

I would appreciate the link that you read. And will also do a search of my own. Thank you very much!!

Here's a couple to start with.

http://m14forum.com/ammunition/99129-herter-s-308-steel-cased-ammo-failure-ruined-my-rifle.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4K45cXD6b0

Also check out the product reviews at various online retailers (Cabela's, etc.) that sell this stuff. Plenty of comments on extraction problems.