Who uses virgin mobile

wnaplay1647545503

Thinking about buying Iphones on virgin mobile but don't want them to be shady 1/2 the time. Is boost mobile any better? I am only looking at these 2 companies as an option because I like no contracts and unlimited data.

Boost also runs off the sprint network. With sprint I have no problems in/around columbus.

as already stated, Boost is the same as Virgin.

Sprints 3g is DEPLORABLE! slower than everybody else.

if i were you i would go with T-Mobile pre-paid. Get a T-Mobile branded Iphone at retail price and activate it on their prepaid network or Wal-Mart's Family Mobile (uses T-Mobile towers). they both also have unlimited data, and it's WAY FASTER than anything you'll get on any Sprint network. JMHO

you can use an unlocked at&t Iphone on T-Mobile, but it will be slow data until T-Mobile gets done changing over old frequencies to use their faster 3g.

A T-Mobile Iphone will have their fastest 3g data out of the gate.

Pretty sure their Iphone 4s uses HSPA42+ (3g), which is faster than some peoples LTE. While their Iphone 5 will use that, and LTE that is coming online.

The first iPhone that T Mobile offered is the iPhone 5. You can use an older AT&T iPhone ONLY if AT&T was kind enough to unlock it for you, which you must request them to do.

As said before, Boost and Virgin are both prepaid carriers that lease Sprint coverage, and use their towers. I've been with Sprint around 12 years and I'm so fed up with dropping calls and data speeds that are as bad or worse than they were 5 years ago that I picked up a T-Mobile phone to try out. So far I'm 100% happy with it but I still need to take it further out of town and see how it does. They do have a hidden $30 plan that offers 100 minutes a month and either 2 gigs or unlimited data, I forget which. $70 a month gets you unlimited everything. So long as you buy the phone outright, you don't have a contract.

AT&T GoPhone is a prepaid deal with nearly identical plans as T-Mobile, but don't offer unlimited data. For $70 a month you get 3 gigs.

T-Mobile DOES also sell the Iphone 4 and 4s, not just the 5.

i have the $30 plan, it offers 100 voice minutes with unlimited text and Unlimited data (the 1st 5 gigs are at full 4g speeds) after that they slow you down to 2g. which is STILL FASTER than Sprints 3g most of the time.

they also offer various other plans with more minutes, less full speed data.

i was with Sprint for 11 years and dropped them about 1 1\2 years ago. So happy i did.

J.R.

T-Mobile DOES also sell the Iphone 4 and 4s, not just the 5.

i have the $30 plan, it offers 100 voice minutes with unlimited text and Unlimited data (the 1st 5 gigs are at full 4g speeds) after that they slow you down to 2g. which is STILL FASTER than Sprints 3g most of the time.

they also offer various other plans with more minutes, less full speed data.

i was with Sprint for 11 years and dropped them about 1 1\2 years ago. So happy i did.

J.R.

This is the way to do it.

What do I need to watch for when buying used iphones off craigslist?

To use on T-mobile it has to be SIM unlocked, and the ESN (electronic serial number) has to NOT be blacklisted, IE the phone can't be stolen. An AT&T iPhone will only have partial data compatibility with T-mobile's data networks. I would avoid going this route.

What he said. If you are dead set on used iPhones then you may as well just stick with AT&T (GoPhone). Otherwise, get cheaper Android phones on a cheaper T Mobile plan. If you want to go even cheaper you can get Nokia Lumia 521 Windows 8 phone brand new from Amazon for about $120 shipped, comes with a sim card. This is the phone I'm using right now, it's not bad for the price but if I stick with T Mobile I'll be going back to Android (or Firefox phones if they ever get good hardware).

If you get a used phone keep in mind you will have to buy a $10 sim card kit for each phone.

I was looking at the Lucia 521 this evening and the lq or l9(something like that) from t mobile. These will be to upgrade the kids phones and everyone seems to be into iPhones these days so of course they want them. Data usage is what scares me and prevents me from just getting iPhones with Verizon. That and I am afraid they will break a rather expensive phone the first week.

The Nexus 4 is now only $199 (unlocked and no contract) and will work on T-Mo or AT&T. Now it doesn't have LTE, unless you root it. I rooted mine for just that reason and I'm getting LTE on T-Mo pretty much everywhere in and around 270. Even if you don't, HSPA+ is still plenty fast.

$200 for a premium phone + no contract + $30/month unlimited text & data...can't beat that.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb

The Nexus 4 is now only $199 (unlocked and no contract) and will work on T-Mo or AT&T. Now it doesn't have LTE, unless you root it. I rooted mine for just that reason and I'm getting LTE on T-Mo pretty much everywhere in and around 270. Even if you don't, HSPA+ is still plenty fast.

$200 for a premium phone + no contract + $30/month unlimited text & data...can't beat that.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb

This is a good route. Especially if kickass enables the LTE for you.

I am not sure what any of that means. Rooting and all that is beyond my skillset. What's the difference between the nexus and lumia?

Nexus is Google's line of flagship or developer devices. So they come with a pure, unmodified version of Android, the way Google wants it. So they always get the latest software updates first.

The Lumina is a Windows phone, I don't know too much about them, but Windows Phone seems to be a pretty decent OS, but I'd still take Android over it. Nokia makes excellent hardware, IMO they make the best mobile hardware, just too bad they decided to go with Windows.

Rooting just pretty much takes the child safety off your phone so that you can modify the OS and anyway you want.