Diesel truck 101

Sturg1647545502

There is a lot of poor information in this thread so do your own research. For one, dodge transmissions are not as bad as people make them out to be. They are designed for a purpose at a specific power level. How do you add 300 ft lbs of torque to something and get pissed when the tranny doesn't like it? I have been through my fair share of these units, 47rh,47re,and48re, truth is, 90% of failed transmissions could be prevented with simple valve body mods. Some maybe a converter to go with it. In my opinion the Allison is the biggest pile of shit to mess with in terms of modded truck,modded trans, time involved, trouble shooting problems, and money invested. Again, as a stock unit in a stock truck, it does exactly what it was intended to do. For those that have negative things to say about a 48re, go have your way with a 68 in a new truck and report back to me.

If you're willing to drive/fly. I got my truck at the 'North Texas Truck Stop'. They had a massive selection of trucks, near Dallas TX. Flew down there, picked mine up for a good price and drove home. surprisingly easy.

There are a ton of other dealers like that in the area. Got a good price on a rust free truck. Can't beat it.

That dealer is AWESOME! I'm seriously considering a diesel and will be contacting them.

Thanks Berto!

-Marc