Millett problems?

Diamonds

Took my LRS out to briar rabbit on my AR10. I couldn't get a decent group and neither could either of the other two "more experienced" shooters at the range even with hand loaded custom stuff.

Ammo used: privi 147g, mag tech CBC 147g, custom 168g

The custom stuff had a couple of side-by-siders but one of the 3 would be errant.

The millett also has something stuck (debris) now on the inside of the eyepiece and I can see it turn with the adjustments.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did shoot out to 250 to a piece of steel that measured 1x2 foot. I was hitting that 7/10 on average, but that's a big target.

As for mounting, a range goer remounted the scope for me putting electrical tape on the lower half of the mounts and pushing the scope forward before tightening. And, he lectured me about proper ring tightness after mounting everything.

I was told to run heavier ammo since it was a 1:10 SS match barrel. it did help the accuracy a bit. Still crazy erratic.

I did read that an adjustable gas block may help due to the possibility of "premature unlock".

does that make any sense?

Read here,

http://forum.308ar.com/topic/5254-mk-3-accuracy/

Start simple before you go messing with more intricate operations. Does it even have an adjustable GB?

Take JJJs advice and try out some irons first.

Also, just because the rounds you used were "custom loads" does not mean they would be accurate in your gun. There are a ton of different factors to tweak when l making a custom load for a gun.

Start simple before you go messing with more intricate operations. Does it even have an adjustable GB?

Take JJJs advice and try out some irons first.

Also, just because the rounds you used were "custom loads" does not mean they would be accurate in your gun. There are a ton of different factors to tweak when l making a custom load for a gun.

It does not have an adjustable GB

Grouping at 50 was about 2-3 inches

2-3 inches at 50 is really bad. Something else going on.

What are the specs on the rifle? Round Count, Barrel length, gas system length, scope mount etc.

Was the rifle supported? Bipod/Monopod?

Edited by Shmaa

2-3 inches at 50 is really bad.

What are the specs on the rifle? Barrel length, gas system length, scope mount etc.

Was the rifle supported? Bipod/Monopod?

16 inch :10 twist SS match barrel with rifle length gas system. Barrel is tapered. Scope mounts came with the scope (35mm). Shot on a Blackhawks bipod. Then removed bipod and shot with a range bag supporting the front.

16 inch :10 twist SS match barrel with rifle length gas system. Barrel is tapered. Scope mounts came with the scope (35mm). Shot on a Blackhawks bipod. Then removed bipod and shot with a range bag supporting the front.

I would try using some ammo that is known to group like this:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/308-7-62/federal-gold-medal-match-308-175gr-sierra-matchking-bthp-20rds.html

Stay at 50 yards. I would expect less than an inch at 50 yards from any shooter.

If that doesn't do any better I would try a different optic.

CBR = Carbine Battle Rifle, should it have a Carbine Length gas system?

I was told to run heavier ammo since it was a 1:10 SS match barrel. it did help the accuracy a bit. Still crazy erratic.

I did read that an adjustable gas block may help due to the possibility of "premature unlock".

does that make any sense?

Read here,

http://forum.308ar.com/topic/5254-mk-3-accuracy/

16" with a rifle length gas should not be overgassed