Millett problems?

Diamonds

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets hold off for a quick minute.

Millett approved the refund. I will probably buy another one unless someone can suggest a 20+ magnification scope for 500-600 bucks.

And, I called CMMG to trouble shoot. IMMEDIATELY, they asked me to send it in. They said it might be one of the older models that over-gasses. They have since improved it. they wanted to see my gun to rule it out. Sending them the gun today on their dime. Fingers are crossed that they find the issue.

Well, lets hold off for a quick minute.

Millett approved the refund. I will probably buy another one unless someone can suggest a 20+ magnification scope for 500-600 bucks.

And, I called CMMG to trouble shoot. IMMEDIATELY, they asked me to send it in. They said it might be one of the older models that over-gasses. They have since improved it. they wanted to see my gun to rule it out. Sending them the gun today on their dime. Fingers are crossed that they find the issue.

You really don't need a 20x scope for what you are doing. I would just get something like a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 or something similar from bushnell's line. A 20x power scope in the price range you are looking will be pretty foggy/blurry and somewhat useless in the higher magnifications. Especially pass 20x. Spend your money on scope with better glass and not the magnification. Plus, you will have more reticle wiggle on target on the higher end magnifications, image will be darker, less range band etc. If you want something decent that is 20x+, you are looking close to $1000( Vortex Viper PST FFP, Busnell elite tactical, SWFA SS) If you want something good, you are looking close to $1500, Nightforce, US Optics, Leupold Mark 4, Swaroski, Vortex and SWFA's HD line of scopes, etc.

To be honest the Millet 4-16x50 TRS-1 will be perfectly fine for what you are doing, and you can save your self quiet a bit of money.

Also, if you probably want to get a scope that is in MOA, it is easier to range with.

You really don't need a 20x scope for what you are doing. I would just get something like a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 or something similar from bushnell's line. A 20x power scope in the price range you are looking will be pretty foggy/blurry and somewhat useless in the higher magnifications. Especially pass 20x. Spend your money on scope with better glass and not the magnification. Plus, you will have more reticle wiggle on target on the higher end magnifications, image will be darker, less range band etc. If you want something decent that is 20x+, you are looking close to $1000( Vortex Viper PST FFP, Busnell elite tactical, SWFA SS) If you want something good, you are looking close to $1500, Nightforce, US Optics, Leupold Mark 4, Swaroski, Vortex and SWFA's HD line of scopes, etc.

To be honest the Millet 4-16x50 TRS-1 will be perfectly fine for what you are doing, and you can save your self quiet a bit of money.

Also, if you probably want to get a scope that is in MOA, it is easier to range with.

advice taken, my Millett was MOA

I checked their site. are their 1000 dollar scopes not offered in .25 moa?

Don't know why, but that's why I prefer Vortex, you have more reticle options. You can get a mrad reticle/turret, learning curve is the same. Just most ranges here in merica are in yards. Just make things easier.

Have you ever looked down range through a Nikon Monarch Gold? Very good light transmission! Amazingly clear, in fact. Even the less expensive Buckmark series are impressive.

At 300 yds, with my Buckmark @18x magnification, I could clearly see .308 size holes in the target and just barely make out .223 size holes. My friend had a lower end scope with 24x (28x?) couldn't see the same holes!