Home theater people

SPL_Josh

When I moved, I didn't want to set everything up again. Didn't like the space it took up. Was tired of all the speakers and a receiver. Bought a nice sound bar. Sounds great to me. Easy to set up and doesn't take up much space.

Moved theYamaha 7.2 set up to the shop. Now it rocks out all the way to the pond with 2 towers and a sub.

Anyone looking for some Yamaha surround speakers?

What's your complaints of your setup.

If you could change anything what would it be?

What equipment, size of room, and any sound damping used?

I,m not a pro but if I had to do it all again I would go for a bigger screen than you think you need,for my 56 inch plasma I could have had a 120 inch Projector that would have filled the basement.

There are too many variables to really answer you questions like budget are you handy,where are you setting up ? go join http://www.avsforum.com they will give you some ideas.

Budget 2-3k

I already have selected $1500 worth of just audio then I need to buy wood and finish designing my enclosures. I'm sure my front/center/sub stage will be quite substantial for any room I put it in.

Theater would go in a finished basement with theater seating.

So 1500 for screen and projector?

You might go up to Genesis in New Albany for some inspiration too,they do custom installs and they do have a showroom.

Is it better to do a projector and screen rather than a tv?

1500 for video source and 2 chairs-is that a reasonable limit?

1500 is not a lot of budget for what you want but for a millionaire on a budget like myself a projector will get you more inches for your $$ and is ideal for sometimes watching like games and movies in a dark space like a basement.

Everyday watching a tv may be better bet.

You may score some real high end equipment here welcome to the dark side ;)http://app.audiogon.com/listings?page=1&no_listing_types_auctions=false&no_listing_types_classifieds=false&items_per_page=50&order_by=created_at%20DESC&location_filter_radius=25&filter_category_id[]=27&min_condition=1&max_condition=11&listing_types_auctions=1&listing_types_classifieds=1

Edited by carl

How big is your room, what size and quantity of subs are you running? Also wattage?

It's an open room not a dedicated theatre. 1100 sq ft. Running two 12" subs in 1.5 cubes each ported. 500 watts per sub. It sounds good, but would like to upgrade to 18's

I like this guys setup

http://cdn.avsforum.com/c/cd/cd3c27ff__DSC2763.jpeg