Raising Cane's....

Putty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take both...because I do it. 6 ft, 175 lbs, work out 4-6 times a week. Not a body builder, not a marathon runner, just someone who is healthy and I eat whatever I want right after a workout.

Yup, Exercise+Exercise, active lifestyle and some decent coke = eat/drink whatever you want. I miss mah 20's.

Caniac, 2 extra pieces of chicken, extra toast, and extra sauce. I know what Im getting for dinner tonight...

Diabetes? Rain check on a triple bypass?

I'm also one that doesn't get it. The first time I had it, I thought it was pretty damn good. All subsequent visits have been mediocre, soggy and bland tasting. It could be location. The first visit was Olentangy River Rd. and the others almost entirely Sawmill or Polaris.

I like Lee's for chicken strips. KFC < Caine's < Lee's. Popeye's should fit in there but they have revolving doors getting shut down for health violations too frequently for me to ever go back.

You can also request the chicken fingers extra crispy, and they definitely listen. They are crispy.

You do know you can ask for that?

I was behind a guy in line one time who was a Cane's master. Ordered stuff extra crispy, both sides of the "bread" as he said it buttered and toasted, etc., etc. I was blown away sitting behind him in line listening. He's my inspiration.

Most people in the south (where Cane's and Zaxby's originated) say they're largely the same but Cane's sauce is usually better because they make it in the store. Zaxby's is pre-packaged like the sauces you get at McDonald's or Wendy's for nuggets.

I lived in MS for 4 years and never liked the Canes they had there. Once I moved up here, I fell in love with Canes...maybe it's the whole being drunk thing that makes it taste much better lol. (never had canes drunk in MS).

Its also changed since it first got here. When it first came the tenders had seasoning on them, now its just plain breading. I do love the toast though. I don't eat there near as much as I used too because of the breading change. Also sometimes the chicken lately is really chewy. Going downhill that's for sure.

I don't get it. Tastes like Kroger's frozen chicken fingers to me.

Yes, this is the most fitting description. I bet you could grab frozen chicken fingers, frozen crinkle-cut fries, frozen texas toast from Kroger's, cook all that shit (taking it out 5 minutes before it's done) - and it would be hard to tell the difference. Hmmm probably not the toast though. That is the best thing from the restaurant.

Yes, this is the most fitting description. I bet you could grab frozen chicken fingers, frozen crinkle-cut fries, frozen texas toast from Kroger's, cook all that shit (taking it out 5 minutes before it's done) - and it would be hard to tell the difference. Hmmm probably not the toast though. That is the best thing from the restaurant.

I don't know what you guys are eating, but I'm sure I could tell the difference in texture alone. Caine's are much more tender cut of meat.

Yes. Same goes for Culver's. I'm sure they all get their food from GFS...no flavor frozen fries. Except Culver's burgers are the shit...that's the one thing I miss about living in Powell.

Culver's changed something in the last year or so. I used to love hitting up the one in Reynoldsburg every once in a while but now their cheese is scary orange, the burgers come in boxes and overall the taste isn't right.