Android phone geeks

87GT

Simple question. Is there any kind of app free or paid that will auto resend failed SMS? If not how about a rooted app or custom rom? SCH-i605 vzw galaxy note 2.

I can not find a solution on xda developers and a few google searches. All I get are people complaining about failed SMS and a known hardware antenna issue on all samsung phones.

iPhone

Had to say it. Begin.

I used to have one of those cute little phones. iMessage was an awesome application and everything else I didn't like. I just dealt with the lockdowns, non customizable everything, and fuck itunes calling home to verify your iOS is current for updates.

But this isn't about apple please stay on topic.

I used to have one of those cute little phones. iMessage was an awesome application and everything else I didn't like. I just dealt with the lockdowns, non customizable everything, and fuck itunes calling home to verify your iOS is current for updates.

But this isn't about apple please stay on topic.

I'm just throwing a jab. Any iPhone thread always ends up getting the same form of negitive input from other types like yourselves. Hope you guys get it worked out. I'm not the one to debate phones.

I don't know about the stock Samsung sms app, but the stock Android app will keep trying to send. Handcent SMS also does this, and I believe it does have a setting for it.

I will check out handcent. I've used it on older androids. I just don't understand why any of my previous android phones, iphones, and blackberries had zero problems but this note 2 has issues frequently sending SMS. They were all with verizon and I live/work at the same location. Phone signal are practically the same. It even happened the day I turned it on in the verizon parking lot. Those building always have maximum cell phone reception.

I am not seeing the option for auto retry in handcent sms. I had an SMS fail on me and I had to long press and click resend just like the samsung app. What android version of the stock messaging app has auto retry? Do you have an APK of it?

I am not seeing the option for auto retry in handcent sms. I had an SMS fail on me and I had to long press and click resend just like the samsung app. What android version of the stock messaging app has auto retry? Do you have an APK of it?

Someone ported it to the playstore, but the latest version says he broke MMS. He has a link to an older version where it's supposedly still working...might give that a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concentriclivers.mms.com.android.mms&hl=en

Battery pull is my first suggestion.

I rarely get SMS failures with my Note 2 on ATT. Send it in under 1 year warranty for a new one if you are still eligible.

Done that a few times. There is no warranty on this phone that is not an option.

Someone ported it to the playstore, but the latest version says he broke MMS. He has a link to an older version where it's supposedly still working...might give that a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concentriclivers.mms.com.android.mms&hl=en

Thanks man.