Porsche 918 Spyder

CRed05

http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/adam/f124048893180a858c1c3f2db45b62fa/porsche-918-spyder-frankfurt.jpg

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/frankfurt/2013/1309_porsche_918_spyder_super_hybrid/

"The naturally aspirated 4.6-liter, mid-mounted V-8 provides 608 hp and will spin to race car-like redline of 9150 rpm."

"a 127-hp electric motor sits at the front axles and another (154 hp) slots between the engine and seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. In all, Porsche says the 918 will go from 0-62 mph in just 2.8 seconds."

That's 887hp combined. The wheels are ugly, I think they look like a ring of cock & balls.

I've read reports from guys who got demo rides in them at the Track. Said it's a pretty amazing machine however the electric motors are only good for one maybe two laps around the track before they are out of juice and need to be recharged. There's video of it somewhere I'll see if I can dig it up.

I've read reports from guys who got demo rides in them at the Track. Said it's a pretty amazing machine however the electric motors are only good for one maybe two laps around the track before they are out of juice and need to be recharged. There's video of it somewhere I'll see if I can dig it up.

This.

A race car is only interesting and actually a race car if it can turn consistent laps in a race. If it had a KERS system that could keep up with the electric demands, though.......:megusta:

I must have read the article wrong....

And as expected, the 918 Spyder will be available with some pricey options. A Weissach package, for example, is priced at almost the same MSRP as a base 911 and shaves off 77 pounds from the hybrid's curb weight thanks to items like magnesium wheels and titanium brake pad backing plates.

As I read this now, I guess just the package is the same MSRP as a 911. When I first read it I thought it meant the entire car.