It's Official!

buxnut

Finished up the MSF course in the rain this evening. Passed the final "celebration of Skills" and I am now Officially licensed to operate a motorcycle. The range instructers were AWESOME. They both did a great job and really took their time and explained not only the excercises we were doing but why we were going through them and how they relate to real-world situations. I did not get my final paperwork so I don't know exactly what I missed on the final, the only thing I know I did wrong was go just a hair outside the U-turn box on the last turn. Everything else went smooth as silk. Even in the pouring rain! The classroom work on Friday night was ok, but it was mostly reviewing what was in the book and watching videos. Got a little boring to be honest.

Now I got to find me a bike!!!

Bill.

Man I can not wait til sunday when I hopefully can add to this post saying I finished mine up lol. No more riding around at all hours of the night/morning, on freeways, etc. hoping not to get busted lol.

Congrats!

Craigs has a number of nice bikes right now. Wish I was getting my raise in May I'd be all over a new one. Oh well, still love what i have.

Loking for a cruiser. Due to limited funds its going to have to be an oldie but a goodie!:broke: I have seen some mid 80's cruisers on Craiglist for under 2k that might fit the bill (pun intended). I am concerned about buying something that old, went and looked at a 92 Vulcan that the guy said was one of the cleanest out there, but he didnt mention the dent in the tank or the scratches on the wihndshield or the black goop that was in place of a grommet on the top of the crank case or the fact that the gas that was sloshing around in the tank had been there since he bought it last summer and he hadnt ridden it enough to burn through it so he couldnt even tell me what kind of mileage he gets! I could go on but I am tired of it now. Besides Craigslist and cycletrader, are there any other resources to use when looking for a good used bike?

Thanks!

Bill.