Advice polishing rims

wnaplay1647545503

I am attempting to shine up an old set of rims which have not seen attention in many years. I am using a product called white diamond metal polish and I am happy with the results but it's very slow going. I am using a cotton polishing pad on my drill as doing it by hand was almost impossible. I am happy with the results but is there a better product or perhaps is there amore aggressive pad that will cut faster and not cause any damage?

Don't.........that's my advice. Jk. Sarcasm.

I had some stuff a few years ago made by mcguires? (probably not spelled right but no fucks given)

Anyway I used that and one of them power ball things on a drill, and it worked great. The stuff turns black as your polishing. When your done with the power ball just wipe it down with a teary cloth and done. I'll try to get the name of it but auto zone has it.

I had some stuff a few years ago made by mcguires? (probably not spelled right but no fucks given)

Anyway I used that and one of them power ball things on a drill, and it worked great. The stuff turns black as your polishing. When your done with the power ball just wipe it down with a teary cloth and done. I'll try to get the name of it but auto zone has it.

Used the ball thingy (actually mine was more of a cone) with some polish. Polished each wheel for a good 20 minutes, buffed with a microfiber cloth, then polished/buffed again. Them used (BBS) Wheels ended up looking brand-fucking-new. Don't be afraid to put some pressure on the wheel/spokes while polishing (via the ball/cone do-hickey) if your drill can handle the torque.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=731&pictureid=7313