I can't believe how hard it is to get decent customer service *rant*

thomez

As soon as I knew I was buying a bike, I started looking for a jacket. I'm a new rider and I know I should be protecting myself either way, even if I was experienced. I found some recommendations on a decent mesh jacket with a liner, CE armor, etc.

Anyway, I ordered the first jacket online on June 17th. I was then told it was not available on the 19th, and changed to a different jacket, which they said on the phone that they for sure had. 4 days later, on the 23rd, I get another email that that jacket is no longer available either. I call them and they can't tell me what they actually do have until Monday and they said they would call me back. I never hear from them, not on Monday, not on Tuesday, nothing. I was pissed off that it had been a week and I still didn't have a jacket on the way, so I went to Shade Tree in Middlefield and tried jackets on, figured out what I wanted, and ordered one on the spot. The guy said I should get it in the mail within 5-10 business days. Sounds good.

On the 28th I get an email with tracking information from the first company, they apparently are sending me a jacket, I don't even know which one since they never called me back. I figured my order was simply canceled because I hadn't talked to them at all since the 23rd. The exact wording of their email states " The item you ordered is no longer available please contact customer service if you wish to replace your order." We never spoke about replacing the order, that tells me it will be simply canceled. Apparently the 2nd jacket I had wanted "became available" and they were shipping it to me without confirming with me that I still wanted it. I called them immediately and told them I would be returning it because I had went elsewhere due to their poor customer service. I received their jacket on Friday and sent a return request on their website today, which states that all returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. I'll be damned if I pay them for returning something after days of no contact and implied order cancellation. So anyway, I said as much in my return request and I haven't heard back from them.

Today is July 9th, 10 business days after I placed my order from Shade Tree. I haven't seen or heard about it, so I called them. The lady on the phone says they aren't receiving an order from that company until July 19th and my jacket will likely be shipped out then, which means I won't receive it until about 20 business days after I ordered it, almost a month. Oh, and my jacket possibly won't be in that shipment and it will get there in mid-August, WTF!

I can't believe the piss-poor customer service.

If anyone knows of somewhere to find a 3XL Tour-Master, Cortech, Fieldsheer, or otherwise nice mesh jacket, please let me know. I'll go pick it up and cancel my Shade Tree order too. :mad:

/rant

I looked at both the Phoenix and the Tour-Master Airframe at Shade Tree and ordered the Airframe, I preferred the 3 stage liner system and the look of the Tour-Master.

I'll check out the Iron Pony site though, thanks for the heads up.

Buddy forget about five days. I have the TourMaster Intake mesh jacket and LOVE IT! Got me through two weeks of Costa Rica and Iron Pony has them by the rack full. I don't know why you guys allow yourself to get frustrated when you can ride right over to 161 and Westerville Rd, try it, buy it, and walk out.

Pops

I called Iron Pony this morning, the jackets I was interested in were both unavailable and back-ordered. Everyone seems to want to push you to the Joe Rocket Phoenix, which I'm sure is a great jacket, but I really liked the Tour Master and Cortech options better when comparing side by side..

You could try the JR Alter Ego 2.0 jacket. I have the 1.0, and its pretty decent for an "all weather" jacket. Has a nylon liner thats great for blocking the cold/wind in the lower temps. The textile will zip off and leave you with a mesh jacket. My only gripes are A) my dumbass bought an all black one, so I roast in days like today no matter what B) the liner is supposed to be waterproof, but it doesn't breath at all so you end up so soaked in sweat you might as well have not used it. The 2.0 appears to be a big improvement.

I definately feel your pain about finding local places to try shit on/buy shit. Seems the best selection in the akron/canton area I've found is the new Rousch motorsports in Medina, right off of 18 & 71.