Show Quality Deck Lid Re-Finishing around Columbus?

Stolen 98

I'm looking for a good body shop around Columbus???

I want to go "wing-less" and just picked up a used deck lid. It is white, same as my cobra, but needs re-sprayed and a dent fixed.

I removed as much as I could from the Junk yard lid, (I couldn't figure out how to get the lock cylinder out) I'd like to swap over all the lock mechanism/latch/high-mount light/license plate lights/springs/lifts from my stock deck lid over to this one.

The catch is I want it to be PERFECT, top and bottom, as my car has 14k original miles and I'm getting into the car show scene.

Ideally I like someone professionally re-finish the lid, then swap all the hardware from my stock lid over to it and install/adjust it so the lines/seems all line up correctly on my Cobra.

Any suggestions??? -Thanks

Achbach is good and from what fellow CR members have said Clifford Automotive (a vendor here) is also top notch. If a GOOD shop takes it time and just dosent push the closest variance then it should be fine. Now if the left or right quarter has been painted before then there will be an issue with the gate.

Being white, you will be able to get the color pretty damn close. 14k mile car that's been kept inside most it's life probably means the factory finish looks new.

That's what I was thinking when I bought the deck lid. This isn't a pearl color nor is there any metallic flake so I thought white is white?

I'd rather not do it at all if I'm going to have to commit to painting half the car. Looks like I might have just burned $200...and hookers and coke weren't involved! :fuuuu:

That's what I was thinking when I bought the deck lid. This isn't a pearl color nor is there any metallic flake so I thought white is white?

I'd rather not do it at all if I'm going to have to commit to painting half the car. Looks like I might have just burned $200...and hookers and coke weren't involved! :fuuuu:

Some whites can be tough to panel paint but ford white usually matches pretty good. White is one of the more painter friendly colors to tint if the color needs adjusted alittle to match. Now if it was laser red or something I would say you are screwed but with white I think you will be alright. A good painter won't have a problem making your car look right.

I had to match whites on my Stealth, and though it isn't the creampuff yours is, it is pretty low mile with 78k on it, as a '93.

What I can tell you is that clearcoat will yellow over time, and with white specifically this can be evident when compared to new "water clear" clearcoat. If the car has always had a good coat of wax on it, and being garaged, yellowing of the clear may be very minor. You really won't notice until you get panels side-by-side though, if at all.

How sure are you that it needs to be re-sprayed? Its amazing what some high quality refinishers can do with wet sanding and several compounds

It's came from a junk yard and is missing paint in a couple places. There is no doubt it needs re-sprayed and a dent fixed.