Officer is hurt during Cinci police chase this morning

cbrjess0815

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Officer-Hit-During-Chase-Now-In-Critical-Condtion/FuMesjjxaE-IoSB-Q9s-8g.cspx

Now they are saying it was another officer that hit him during the chase but that dude had better pray that he survives. I'm really glad they caught the guy. The area that they ended up picking up the suspect is Over-the Rhine, which is by far the scariest and most ghetto part of Cinci and that doesn't surprised me at all

suspect didnt hit em.so why would he care..his own co worker nailed the dude...im sure the courts will try to say if he didnt rob the place the chase would have never happened, and the officer would have not been struck..bullshit its not the robbers fault, own uo to your own mistakes. whats f-n wrong with this country

With a good defense attorney neither attempt to prosecute the cop OR the suspect would ever hold up in court anyway. And after all the delays for hearings, the hype will wear down and it will be like it never happened a month from now..

Why don't you educate yourself on law before making stupid comments.

so its ok for cops to kill other cops....??? its funny how everyones quick to blame the robber, how about the idiot cop who ran over his damn colleague while trying to put out stop sticks..thats not negligence?

Negligence (Lat. negligentia, from negligere, to neglect, literally "not to pick up") is a legal concept in the common law legal systems usually used to achieve compensation for injuries (not accidents). Negligence is a type of tort or delict (also known as a civil wrong). However, the concept is sometimes used in criminal law as well. "Negligence" is not the same as "carelessness", because someone might be exercising as much care as they are capable of, yet still fall below the level of competence expected of them. It is the opposite of "diligence". It can be generally defined as conduct that is culpable because it falls short of what a reasonable person would do to protect another individual from foreseeable risks of harm. In the words of Lord Blackburn,

"[1]those who go personally or bring property where they know that they or it may come into collision with the persons or property of others have by law a duty cast upon them to use reasonable care and skill to avoid such a collision."

Through civil litigation, if an injured person proves that another person acted negligently to cause his injury, he can recover damages to compensate for his harm. Proving a case for negligence can potentially entitle the injured plaintiff to compensation for harm to their body, property, mental well-being, financial status, or intimate relationships. However, because negligence cases are very fact-specific, this general definition does not fully explain the concept of when the law will require one person to compensate another for losses caused by accidental injury. Further, the law of negligence at common law is only one aspect of the law of liability. Although resulting damages must be proven in order to recover compensation in a negligence action, the nature and extent of those damages are not the primary focus of negligence cases.

so its ok for cops to kill other cops....??? its funny how everyones quick to blame the robber, how about the idiot cop who ran over his damn colleague while trying to put out stop sticks..thats not negligence?

Negligence (Lat. negligentia, from negligere, to neglect, literally "not to pick up") is a legal concept in the common law legal systems usually used to achieve compensation for injuries (not accidents). Negligence is a type of tort or delict (also known as a civil wrong). However, the concept is sometimes used in criminal law as well. "Negligence" is not the same as "carelessness", because someone might be exercising as much care as they are capable of, yet still fall below the level of competence expected of them. It is the opposite of "diligence". It can be generally defined as conduct that is culpable because it falls short of what a reasonable person would do to protect another individual from foreseeable risks of harm. In the words of Lord Blackburn,

"[1]those who go personally or bring property where they know that they or it may come into collision with the persons or property of others have by law a duty cast upon them to use reasonable care and skill to avoid such a collision."

Through civil litigation, if an injured person proves that another person acted negligently to cause his injury, he can recover damages to compensate for his harm. Proving a case for negligence can potentially entitle the injured plaintiff to compensation for harm to their body, property, mental well-being, financial status, or intimate relationships. However, because negligence cases are very fact-specific, this general definition does not fully explain the concept of when the law will require one person to compensate another for losses caused by accidental injury. Further, the law of negligence at common law is only one aspect of the law of liability. Although resulting damages must be proven in order to recover compensation in a negligence action, the nature and extent of those damages are not the primary focus of negligence cases.

A. You want to blame an "idiot cop" for attempting to protect citizens like yourself from a fleeing armed robbery suspect, who you should be blaming is the armed robbery suspect - if he wouldn't have robbed the store the situation would have never happened.

B. Accidents do happen, no matter what definition you use "negligence" or not this officer was acting to protect YOU. And I guarantee the officer who was killed in the line of duty's family is not blaming the other officer but the robber.

C. If you have complaints about how we do our job, do it yourself. I put my life on the line everyday for ungrateful citizens, disrespect, and hardly any money for it.

A. You want to blame an "idiot cop" for attempting to protect citizens like yourself from a fleeing armed robbery suspect, who you should be blaming is the armed robbery suspect - if he wouldn't have robbed the store the situation would have never happened.

B. Accidents do happen, no matter what definition you use "negligence" or not this officer was acting to protect YOU. And I guarantee the officer who was killed in the line of duty's family is not blaming the other officer but the robber.

C. If you have complaints about how we do our job, do it yourself. I put my life on the line everyday for ungrateful citizens, disrespect, and hardly any money for it.

i respect and commend what you do for a living!.all i was trying to state was that we the people need to start taking the blame actions and consequences and stop trying to put them on others.i really dont agree that the blame should be put on the robber or the other patrolman. like you said shit happens in life. it seems like your trying to start a pissing match cause you didnt like my comments, and thats fine. we all do not have to agree with one another. on a serious note like i first stated i thankfyou for doing what you do and stay safe :cool:

I have to agree. If a person is committing a felony and an officer is hurt while attempting to apprehend that felon, regardless of how he was hurt the suspect should be at fault. Otherwise it encourages the felon to behave in any manner necessary to elude police etc.

Especially in the case of an armed robbery. If this guy was armed, escaped and killed someone else at a later date you can bet the same individuals seeking to blame the officers for negligence in attempting to apprehend him would be crying the blues if they made "less" of an attempt.

Too bad there wasn't a law abiding' date=' gun toting Ohioan in that Walgreens at the time. Maybe this whole thing could have been avoided. The citizens of Cinci fail and an officer pays the price. We rely on the police far too much. If people would realize they need to protect themselves instead of calling 911 when McDonald's won't give you your Chicken McNuggets we'd be far better off.[/quote']

:plus1:

Too bad there wasn't a law abiding' date=' gun toting Ohioan in that Walgreens at the time. Maybe this whole thing could have been avoided. The citizens of Cinci fail and an officer pays the price. We rely on the police far too much. If people would realize they need to protect themselves instead of calling 911 when McDonald's won't give you your Chicken McNuggets we'd be far better off.[/quote']

sad part is that the robbers family would sue the bystander(hero) and win some sum of monies in this bullshit judicial system we have

i respect and commend what you do for a living!.all i was trying to state was that we the people need to start taking the blame actions and consequences and stop trying to put them on others.i really dont agree that the blame should be put on the robber or the other patrolman. like you said shit happens in life. it seems like your trying to start a pissing match cause you didnt like my comments, and thats fine. we all do not have to agree with one another. on a serious note like i first stated i thankfyou for doing what you do and stay safe :cool:

"Shit happens"? This wasn't shit. This started from an intentional robbery.

I agree people need to take responsibility in their lives. All too often they do not in todays society. Alcoholics blame "genetics". Obese people blame "genetics". Both now claiming their problems are the result of a disease and no fault of their own. That is pure crap.

So while I agree with you in general not specifically in this case.

The circumstances needs to be examined closely. For example, If an officer is killed attempting to apprehend a speeder say doing 70 in a 55 then who is to blame? Now change the scenario to that same speeder doing 70 in a 35- who then?

Was the speeder an armed felon?

You can not make blanket statements ..

Just my opinion.

Insurance can be purchased to cover such unfortunate events. I often wonder how many people could 'afford' to defend themselves with deadly force if the situation ever presented itself. There is no doubt as to 'should you' but there is a question of 'can you afford the repercussions.'

in todays fucked up money driven society..hell no

Stilll closed down !

Yes they should charge him for the cop also. If you run or resist arrest in a armed robbery or crime like that, they can't stop persuit unlike a traffic violation, and you are liable for everything IMO !

they should have just shot the fucker , I wouldn't be mad !!

I wasnt trying to start a pissing match, I just tend to get defensive with issues and topics like this with people making blanket comments and statements about officers like that. I do agree to disagree it makes things fun!! I also wont be the first one to defend an officer in the wrong because that happens too, more often than we would like to admit. But in this scenario of which I have been apart of in my career, a vehicle pursuit that is...not a death of an officer in a pursuit, things happen so fast you wouldnt believe it. We are trained to make a decision in less than a fraction of a second, most of the time we get it right. The worst part is of all the times we do get the decision wrong, even though we only had a fraction of a second to make it, citizens...lawyers, and others have days, weeks and months to rip that decision apart. Thank you for your comment about being safe and doing what I do. Even with the negative stigma most police officers have most are surprisingly nice and not jerks like they are portrayed to be, most of us are just passionate about what we do :grin:

If I am involved in a motor vehicle accident that involves a pregnant woman and her unborn child dies as a result I am responsible for the loss of life. I don't see why this offender should be granted immunity from such charges of his own.

What's good for the goose...

All depends on the circumstances. We are not saying the officer was not or could not have been negligent.

I'm thinking that the guy running is at fault, and will be found at fault. Hell, I remember hearing a story about someone riding a bike down the highway at triple digits. A LEO spotted him and starting chasing, loses control of his car and dies. Another LEO stops him down the road and he gets charged with the death of the officer. The biker didn't even see the first officer. I don't see any defence in the world that would get this guy off.

I'm thinking that the guy running is at fault, and will be found at fault. Hell, I remember hearing a story about someone riding a bike down the highway at triple digits. A LEO spotted him and starting chasing, loses control of his car and dies. Another LEO stops him down the road and he gets charged with the death of the officer. The biker didn't even see the first officer. I don't see any defence in the world that would get this guy off.

your story wrillo is some bullshit. how the fuck can we blame the rider..only in america.....take responsibility ;)