Cheap low-pro jack

Gergwheel1647545492

My brother has had the one posted for a couple of years and its been a great jack. Heavy so it doesn't go to the track with us but it does a really good job I think.

The aluminum racing jacks from them are the ones that are questionable. Basically I consider them to be a 2 year product then be prepared to throw it away and get a new one.

The aluminum racing jacks from them are the ones that are questionable. Basically I consider them to be a 2 year product then be prepared to throw it away and get a new one.

I bought one a few years back. The wheel broke off the first time I used it :fuuuu:

INB4 people on here say HF is cheap shit and will never use them.

IMO, Craftsman is just as bad as HF.........YMMV

Nah.

*shrug* I have a lot of Harbor Freight stuff, and as long as you don't use everything incorrectly, it holds up just fine.

Pretty much this. Take care of your stuff and it will last. HF stuff may require slightly more care than snapon tools, but they do just find for DIYers.

I have the jack posted and paid more like $125 for it, so this is a screaming deal. It's been great for me and never missed a beat. The other great thing is that I has over 2" more lift height than the light aluminum ones which I needed for a couple of cars I work on. The bigger wheels are also much less prone to get stuck causing the car to go up at funny angles which happens to the aluminum ones if there's on piece of dog hair to roll over.

I've been through three of them.. all of them leaked and lost hydraulic fluid. Gave up on HF and haven't looked back after getting a Craftsman equivalent jack.

funny part is, I have 2 of these jacks... this exact jack and the longer low profile jack with a foot pump as well as a craftsman jack... the craftsman leaks like a mother fucker, both harbor freight jacks just keep going (they squeek a little, but no leaks)

Having used lots of jacks they are all pretty much the same. Get one with a warranty so you can take it back if it leaks. My first Craftsman leaked, took it back, and this Craftsman replacement I've had for 10 years without issue. It's just a fucking jack, they all have a very similar little o-ring that keeps the fluid in so it works, some get unlucky and leak.

90 warranty i believe.

Their hand tools have a lifetime warranty, it states so at the bottom of the pages.

LIFETIME WARRANTY

Lifetime Warranty on Hand Tools! We guarantee our Hand Tools to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Limitations apply.

Having used lots of jacks they are all pretty much the same. Get one with a warranty so you can take it back if it leaks. My first Craftsman leaked, took it back, and this Craftsman replacement I've had for 10 years without issue. It's just a fucking jack, they all have a very similar little o-ring that keeps the fluid in so it works, some get unlucky and leak.

This ^

I had a Craftsman high lift and I went through about one a year. The seals would let go all the time. Finally they stopped replacing it and gave me a gift card for the original purchase price and I put that towards a tool box. Now I just look for whatever one has the best warranty or is the cheapest so I can throw it away.

I see lifetime warranty on their catalogs they sent me every month. My buddy is a mechanic and surprisingly buys a lot of his tools from them. He was just telling me the other night how nothing has ever broken on him from HF. Buy $64 is a friggin steal ima have to go and get me one. They also have a tap n die set for $29.99