FS: 1990 Miata STS Autocross Car

TURBOED

I am thinking about a little shake-up to my automotive stable. First step would be selling the rainbow warrior.

Regular stuff:

- 176k miles. Just getting started for a miata. It dynoed 110.8hp last summer on the same day other similarly prepped low milage cars put down the same power. Moral? Engine is very healthy.

- Exterior is not a show piece. Certainly not bad for almost 25 years old, but not perfect. The biggest issue is that the paint is flaking off the primer in a few places. This was a common issue for the early miatas.

- NO RUST on the rear rocker panels like many miatas have.

- Top was replaced ~5 years ago and seals well

- I forget what package the car is, but it has open diff, no a/c, manual windows/locks, power steering

- Just over 2000lbs

Fun Stuff...

Engine:

- Racing Beat header

- Custom cat-back

- Magnaflow high flow cat

- Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley (uber rare for the 1.6L)

- Racing Beat intake

Suspension:

- Koni Race F/Koni Sport R shocks

- Koni threaded sleeves/adjustable perches

- 6" 700lb F/7" 400lb R springs

- NB tophats on front

- Custom Harold Hammerly extended rear tophats with spherical bearings

- Racing Beat hollow front sway bar

- Custom spherical adjustable endlinks

- Brand new alignment bolts

Other:

- Stock brake pads front/Hawk HPS rear

- 14" Ultrashield Rally seat on Corbeau slider

- 15x7.5 949 Racing 6UL wheels with fresh (3 events old) 205/50 BFG Rivals

- Stock daisy wheels with all season tires

I probably forgot some parts, but that is most of it. The car is a solid 90%+ of a nationally competitive build. It really only needs a tunable ECU (AEM F/IC6) and bushings everywhere... and of course a good driver and it could run with the upper level cars out there. As is, it is very regionally competitive. I won OVR (Ohio Valley region) STS in 2009, 2010, 2013.

It's also just fine on the street. I drive it to work at least once a week (35 miles each way). It is pretty loud, but I have a supertrapp muffler that can be put on easily.

Asking $4000 for everything, although I can sell in different configurations if you want to save money (example - I keep race shocks, install Koni Sport front shocks and 500/300 spring setup, buyer gets stock wheels only, I can keep the seat if the buyer doesn't fit in it, etc)

What it looks like behind the wheel of this beast:

Pics...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/miata3.jpg

http://www.ovr-scca.org/xgallery/photos/Autocross/2013/PE08%2007-20-2013%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20130720-ovr%20points%208-226.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/miata-2.jpg

The Mazdaspeed3 is available for sale as well :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/miata2.jpg

Does adding an lsd take you out of sts?

For STS, the 1.6 cars are allowed to have the factory option viscous type LSD. 1.8 cars must be open diff (no torsion type allowed).

Honestly, I can't express how fun and bulletproof this car has been for the past 7 years. I replaced the radiator when I first bought it. Other than that, it has been just oil changes, autocrosses and suspension tweaks.

Bump... You won't find a better combination of cheap, fun, competitive and reliable.

I hate to ruin such a great car, but if I still have it in ~1 month I'll start putting it back to stock for a spring sale :thumbdown

Wish I could justify buying the whole thing, but I hope you post up any parts you take off as I will be very interested in that. Its too bad I already have a Miata, this looks like a great buy. GLWS

Working on a deal that may leave me with all 4 corners of the suspension. Interested?

• 2 weeks later...