GunEnvy in trouble lol

GSXRAntwon

This is why you don't do preorders.

Well impatient people should not do pre-orders. I ordered a LMT MWS back in December. Still no ETA on it.. lol But I got a hell of a deal on one, so I really don't care when I get it. Just as long as I get it.

As for Gun Envy, they are not in trouble, they are not going out of business. They are having issues with the BCG group buy is because their machining/tooling partner ran into manufactoring issues. I can tell you they no one will get screwed over with their BCG orders. I saw these yesterday, probably one of the best finishes on a BCG I have ever seen. No machine or tooling marks at all.

cliffs:

In March 2013, via his Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer forum, the owner of Gun Envy made an offering to provide 1,500 Bolt Carrier Groups (BCG's) to any dealer interested, at the price of $100 per unit. He claimed to be having them manufactured by a local company stating: "We are preselling 1500 BCGs, with delivery to begin within 45 days, and possibly sooner".

So we placed our order in good faith and expected to see the BCG's to begin delivery as stated. Fast forward SIX MONTHS and the only thing Gun Envy and it's owner have provided; a few posts on his FFL dealer forum, giving the various EXCUSES as to why he has not been able to provide any BCG's as promised. Despite what he stated in his March 2012 offering; "We will buy back any product that customers are not satisfied with", the owner now states that is simply not possible and we will have to continue to wait for his products to be delivered.

Regardless of the various excuses he has provided, the bottom line is this;

1. He offered to provide a product, for which he was paid $150,000 (Approx).

2. He stated that the product would be ready to ship in 45 days or sooner.

3. He stated he would buy back any products that we were not satisfied with.

4. After six months he has failed to deliver any product and refuses to give refund.

I challenge the owner of Gun Envy to deny what I have written. I will be happy to provide the public with documents, written by the owner himself, corroborating everything I have written in this review.

I believe anyone considering doing any business with this company, should be aware of their business practices. I'm not one of their "friends" on Facebook, nor do I care to be. I am simply a small businessman who made the mistake of believing this was an honest company.

I hope some of you others out there, who were part of this fiasco, will stop complaining out of the public eye and start making this known to the public. He may refuse to take care of us behind the scenes but we can take our complaints from the private forum to the public forum. The public deserves to know the truth about Gun Envy and its owner.

Well impatient people should not do pre-orders. I ordered a LMT MWS back in December. Still no ETA on it.. lol But I got a hell of a deal on one, so I really don't care when I get it. Just as long as I get it.

As for Gun Envy, they are not in trouble, they are not going out of business. They are having issues with the BCG group buy is because their machining/tooling partner ran into manufactoring issues. I can tell you they no one will get screwed over with their BCG orders. I saw these yesterday, probably one of the best finishes on a BCG I have ever seen. No machine or tooling marks at all.

I preordered a pair of Shadow Ops billet lowers back in I think January. I finally sent them an email last week asking about status, seeing how they were promised to be shipped by June. They said 2 weeks, so we'll see.

Right after they sold out of preorders, they realized they couldn't get any forgings or billet any time in the foreseeable future. Shit happens, which is why you don't do preorders.

I work for a different branch of GE manufacturing,and the shop doing the bolt carriers is less then 8 miles from our shop in Hillard. What is posted above is true, they are working hardcore to get the carriers assembled and shipped out.The shop doing the machine work had a good amount of downtime this summer dealing with a microburst ( this one http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/07/10/storm_warn.html ) that ripped apart half of their shop,then there were manufacturing issues, etc etc. Just like with us, gun envy is at the mercy of that shop, and they are neither our or their other go to shops biggest or only client.

This, I was waiting 7 months for my Osprey 9 to get into GE, still another 7 months on the paperwork wait. People need to be patient. Stuff is just getting back to normal from Sandy.

So why won't they issue refunds when they said that they would ship in 45 days and also take returns? That is the issue it seems. They made promises and refuse to keep them.

So why won't they issue refunds when they said that they would ship in 45 days and also take returns? That is the issue it seems. They made promises and refuse to keep them.

That's what they claim, but I'm pretty sure refund has to do with if they are not satisfied with the craftsmanship and quality of the BCGs. The money has already been invested in materials and machining, that was the initial deal of the group buy for these businesses. They all knew this going into the group buy. Most of the FFL/Dealers are upset that it is taking too long, but they understood the situation. I am not going to say anything about the businesses that are complaining because business to business transactions really have no place being on public forums. Some of the things they are doing, they can be sued for. Also, they account for less than 5% of the total pre-order. Also, no promises were made on a completion date, it was just an estimate and if everything ran like it should, it would take 45 days, maybe less. For example, the BCGs has to be sent out for a special phosphate coating, only 2 companies out there that can do the coating per their spec and the TAT varies, and if they don't do it perfect the first time, they will be sent back to have it redone until it is perfect. If that company takes longer than originally expected, it will delay it more.

Edited by 1fastSTI

That's what they claim, but I'm pretty sure refund has to do with if they are not satisfied with the craftsmanship and quality of the BCGs. The money has already been invested in materials and machining, that was the initial deal of the group buy for these businesses. They all knew this going into the group buy. Most of the FFL/Dealers are upset that it is taking too long, but they understood the situation. I am not going to say anything about the businesses that are complaining because business to business transactions really have no place being on public forums. Some of the things they are doing, they can be sued for. Also, they account for less than 5% of the total pre-order. Also, no promises were made on a completion date, it was just an estimate and if everything ran like it should, it would take 45 days, maybe less. For example, the BCGs has to be sent out for a special phosphate coating, only 2 companies out there that can do the coating per their spec and the TAT varies, and if they don't do it perfect the first time, they will be sent back to have it redone until it is perfect. If that company takes longer than originally expected, it will delay it more.
walloftext

They deserve their money back. End of story.