Wedding DJ's

Zx2guy19

Anyone recommend any good DJ's for a wedding? Looking at doing a 6:30p ceremony start time that the DJ will have to do and then reception from 7p-midnight.

Sorry for all the wedding questions, once you guys helped me pick out the venue my fiance keeps saying we should just ask "the Columbus car site you are on" for advice.

DJ must be insured per Tall Timbers requirement.

And...go!

Haha I keep reading through all of your wedding posts, they are helping me alot as well. I just got engaged and we are getting everything planned. Thankfully we have the venue picked already, but now were narrowing down the caterer, DJ, and photographer.

Question for everyone, what did you pay for a DJ?

Edited by OJdidit1738
grammatical errors

Good stuff man, glad you are benefiting from this too, haha!

I really don't want to pay any more than $500-$600...that's about $100 per hour.

Again, not trying to be a cheap ass. It just kills me to think that I'm paying $100 an hour for some fucking music haha. I know it's not really just music, but that's how I think of it.

Haha I keep reading through all of your wedding posts, they are helping me alot as well. I just got engaged and we are getting everything planned. Thankfully we have the venue picked already, but now were narrowing down the caterer, DJ, and photographer.

Ditto.

I want a non-traditional DJ. I have an uber list of songs that are an absolute do-not-play, most of them are the hokey typical wedding songs for the elderly.

I just got married Oct 5th, church we used was $800, reception was at Monaco's $4,500.00, wedding cake $700 photographer was $2,300, DJ we used was my neighbor, she did it for free, said it was her wedding gift to us(but we did leave her a hefty tip). I think she usually charges $300-400 but she did an outstanding job, way better than I expected. If any of you are interested I can pass the information along.

Advise I can give you about a DJ is take a close look at the reception hall your using, if its small/medium sized room you won't need a high dollar DJ & sound equipment, larger reception halls or outdoor receptions then you'll want the high dollar guys, if not save your money.

Edited by SinisterSS

Sound Impressions 614-679-0931 domcaminiti@aol.com

They are great, nice set up and nice guys.

Also not sure where your doing the reception, but you should think about having some extra put into the design of the area. Some things you don't think of like walls, windows, oddities, etc really make the photos crappy and reduce the experience. It can be find when its a high dollar place, but when its just a gym, or large meeting room just adding some type of cover over all 4 walls to hide the fact that it is a cheap venue will make it look awesome.

Here's an example of a couple weddings I photographed at the same venue. Basic difference was black material covering all the messy stuff and making it darker which I personally like for receptions.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Wedding%20ad%20photos/Photo-1-3_zpse6b57074.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Wedding%20ad%20photos/Photo-1-2_zpsf3fd5e86.jpg

Size should have nothing to do with your DJ pick, personality and track record should.

True but if your room is small and you have a DJ there with a superior setup, its gonna over power the room and make it hard for the wedding party and guest to enjoy themselves, its a reception NOT a rock concert.

I went to 6 weddings this past summer not counting mine, one reception was in a small VFW room where the DJ had to much for that little room, it was very uncomfortable, the wedding party had to ask him to turn it down if possible. I can tell you some people DID leave the reception early because they were uncomfortable with the noise level, you have to pay attention to that stuff

Let's talk!

I can vouch for Trish (damreds), she is our photographer and my fiance and I have been incredibly happy with her, her photos and her service.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

It is a "smaller" venue, as we are only inviting 120 people. It's at Tall Timbers (http://talltimbersonline.com/ thanks to Columbus Racing) in their smaller room.

I'll give the places people mentioned on here a call. Sinister, can you send me that info?