Italian restaurant in westerville

Lauren

I love this place too, they sell their marinara sauce by the gallon. We buy it all the time, to make food at home. Good prices.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/6y3e3e7e.jpg

Trying this place tonight. Will try cardones this week when the babysitter has the kidlet and the wife and I can enjoy ourselves.

I have yet to experience a true "great" authentic Italian joint in Columbus.

Pasquale's was ok-to-good, but not how my either of my aunt's make their sauce (Italians from Youngstown).

Cardone's was ok-to-good... food that didn't "amaze" me.

Giamarcos pizza is good and so is their marinara.

Carfagna's kitchen is good, their sauce needs more garlic.

I'm sure there's about 10 that I'm forgetting. So that must tell you how memorable they must have been.

I have heard that LaScala is very authentic tasting. Can anyone confirm?

I was in Rome, Maranello, Modena, Bologna, and Venice in 2006. Pertty sure I ate there during that journey. In fact I remember eating a lot.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6409bW3pa1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Not all "Authentic" Italian food tastes the same, I even had some stuff in Italy I didn't like. Pretty sure eating in country makes it "Authentic". You are being a snob and basing you opinion on a family recipe that has a strong immigrant population in OHIO. Don't go to Italy you will be disappointed.

And yes LaScala is good. So are the others mentioned. I'd say the only place I wouldn't spend my money is Olive Garden. And at that is not because of food, it's the hometown buffet of Italian restaurants and the people it attracts.

I would love to retire and live there. In Rome a 1 liter botle of Coca-Cola was 10 euro, a bottle of Red Wine was 3.50 euro. I want to go back.

Edited by Benjamin

Not into raw meat too much, I like some sushi so not sure on that, but I really like calamari at Bravo ($8.95).

I'm pissed as I look at the menu of Bravo now and see my favorite dish is gone, this has happened to the wife and now me. Grrr

The wife loved their Chicken Parma, and I had this Italian sausage dish there a couple of times that was so freaking good but no longer see it on the menu.