Corvette tpms

harmonda

So...I was driving along yesterday and alarms started going off saying I had a flat and then tire sensor error. I killed the stereo as I slowed. I started hearing an evil metallic sound from the left front. But when I pulled over to inspect....tire seemd fine. Turns out the tpms was attached to the wheel inside the tire via a huge hose clamp and it came loose and was rattling around inside the tire. Tire discounters pulled the tire and remounted it without the sensor. They said they didn't have the kind I need. I assume it was clamped because the design of my wheel doesn't allow the usual valve mounting. Anyone have experience with this? Do I just get a new tpms and clamp it just like before? The old tpms was destroyed btw.

I've done a little more research. These are Modular concept 01 wheels. The valves are built into the ring with the bolts in it that hold the pieces together and look like one of the bolts. So, using the standard TPMS as a sensor AND valve won't work. So they used the band method where they strap the tpms to the center of the rim and don't use the actual valve. I think I'll have to order a new tpms and find a source for the strap too.

Look around at aftermarket tpms companies. Seen several different styles of valve type tpms's. A few I've seen have a swivel that allows them to mount at different angles until you tighten them down. I've installed all different types of them including band clamped monitors.

Edit: just looked up the wheels and they state they're tpms compatible. We've mounted some ridiculous wheels with tpms in them without touching the sensor with the tire. Including some HRE's on a C63 AMG

I've done a little more research. These are Modular concept 01 wheels. The valves are built into the ring with the bolts in it that hold the pieces together and look like one of the bolts. So, using the standard TPMS as a sensor AND valve won't work. So they used the band method where they strap the tpms to the center of the rim and don't use the actual valve. I think I'll have to order a new tpms and find a source for the strap too.

did you pull up to the back of my tire discounters once and ask about a tpms issue (E broad and waggoner)? you can buy the bands at autozone or napa