Clean vs dirty .22

cybe

~22ft, Ruger mark3 Target. Was low on mini mags so I used Rem. Thunderbolt.

Things started getting loose but I thought maybe it's because was screwing with the sight or over caffeinated, fatigued.. then I started seeing keyholes.

I've shot that many thunderbolts (and more) through my Marlin 25N over a day without any cleaning until I get home. No issues as of yet. It's also eaten straight through a brick OLD OLD "super-x" .22LR that Grandpa gave me, all without issue. Probably just a bolt-action thing, but it has the micro-groove barrel and the rifling is still perfect.

No, just shooting at LEPD. Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or if you suspect a limp wrist!

Making progress cleaning it finally but I'll not be using that stuff again.

I think a lot of rifle guys use it without much trouble.

Suggestions for solvents besides breakfree and #9?

Nope, just curious if you used one. I bought one to help adjust the rear sight on my revolver as well as zero in my rifle scope.

I've been using a Gunslick kit for my pistols after every range trip, I haven't tried anything else yet. I normally go through about 1-200 rounds of 9mm and 357mag but use solvent everytime because It's usually four or more weeks before I shoot again. If I were going every week I'd prolly wait 3-500 rounds before using solvents and just run a boar snake through. At about 1000 rounds is when I take the triger assembly and give it a little go through.

Fixed:

Patch is one inch square. Guess I squibbed it.

Yikes. Kind of scary. I was going to comment that both my 10/22 and my 22a shoot best 100 to 500 rounds after a really solid cleaning. Before 100 and after 500 it seems to be a little off. I have never bench rested to confirm.