Car keyed

BrendanB

Yesterday my car was keyed Again, so now a total of 3 spots on the car, and it's all down to the metal under the paint. Last night it was keyed twice on the hood, along the grooves of the (non-WS6) hood, and along the rear hatch for about a foot right above "Trans Am" between the lights, and there are also 3 lines along the right front fender where it was keyed just a few weekends ago. I tried a pen for scratches, but it didn't work at all. Anyone have experience with cleaning up key scratches and know how I should go about trying to clean them up?
  • Downvote 1

Again

Let's talk about this. Did you do something to piss someone off?

As far as the scratches go, you'll probably have to take it to a professional. I had a spot on a Mustang I used to have and I had some matching touch up I used. I thinned it out really thin, and put several layers on, wiping off what was above the scratch.

Let's talk about this. Did you do something to piss someone off?

As far as the scratches go, you'll probably have to take it to a professional. I had a spot on a Mustang I used to have and I had some matching touch up I used. I thinned it out really thin, and put several layers on, wiping off what was above the scratch.

Nope, I just come and go from my friends apartment a few days a week when I'm there between classes, and don't ever have my car there on weekends after the first time it was keyed, specifically for that reason. My family's other car wasn't running last night so I had to drive mine. I had my sideskirt redone at Lyon's body shop earlier this summer so I'll get an estimate from them this week and see. Potentially worth going through insurance? Here's the scratches on the hood...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/asemygen.jpg

Is your car loud? I'm assuming you are there at night since I doubt it's keyed during the day.

Stock exhaust and no headers, Flowmaster muffler so it's decently loud I guess. It's been keyed twice now in University Village, 2 miles off campus, and I don't drive it like an ass. Yep, it got keyed at night, last night was around 12:30 it happened

Edited by BrendanB

That SUCKS. To be fixed right, the whole panel would need cleared even if you matched the color. Otherwise, the fix will always be temporary.

I would go hunting.

Yeah I was hoping it wasn't this bad when I saw it last night, but it's really bad in person. The scratch on the rear hatch is worse, too. Damn people :fuuuu:

Also a chance that someone has mistaken your car for someone else's and is keying the wrong car. As far as the question of whether it's worth going through insurance or not, I would get an estimate or two done first. Even if it's a little above your deductible I would just not bother filing a claim on it.

Sounds like it's time to camp out for a night and solve this problem permanently though.

As far as repair- I would call kevin on here from clifford automotive- he fixed my wife's car very nicely and very reasonably.

As far as a cause I think a female is involved- Are you in a fraternity? Recent ex or a new gf with a jealous ex?

Good luck!

Damn man, sucks to hear...I'm sure touch up paint will make it less noticeable, but it won't look great. I know the feeling though, my window was smashed just to steal my book bag a few weeks ago...living anywhere near downtown/campus pretty much guarantees your car is going to get fucked up at some point. Too many drunk college kids, and hood rats.

Was coming here to post as stated above. Cameras.

1.) Buy Cameras.

2.) Install Cameras

3.) What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' niggas to go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch

As far as repair- I would call kevin on here from clifford automotive- he fixed my wife's car very nicely and very reasonably.

As far as a cause I think a female is involved- Are you in a fraternity? Recent ex or a new gf with a jealous ex?

Good luck!

Not woman related, don't have a recent ex and not in a fraternity lol. I got a quote of $750 from Lyon's Body Shop in Plain City today, I'll give Kevin a call in the morning and get a quote!

Damn man, sucks to hear...I'm sure touch up paint will make it less noticeable, but it won't look great. I know the feeling though, my window was smashed just to steal my book bag a few weeks ago...living anywhere near downtown/campus pretty much guarantees your car is going to get fucked up at some point. Too many drunk college kids, and hood rats.

Touch up is what I'm gonna try and do for the time being, from what I've heard so far. Yeah, I'd stopped bringing my car to campus for that reason, the one night I bring it, it gets keyed fml.

Had that happen once, put two deer trail cameras in the car, problem solved.

I was thinking a Go-Pro but it's risky since it could easily be stolen, but these sound like a good idea, much cheaper

I would honestly let them do it again and setup some camera and try to get someone to pay for it.

I'm about to do this, I filed a police report but need actual evidence of who's doing it. Just need to find a way to mount one or two of them without being very visible and easy to steal.

People don't usually key vehicles for no reason, although I'm sure punk kids have done it for the hell of it before. Hope you catch who it is and break their fingers.

We're often in Lancaster and always see this cobalt at the river valley mall that has all sides keyed and "slut" carved into it. The driver must work there since it's usually always there. Poor guy/girl has to drive that thing everyday lol

People don't usually key vehicles for no reason, although I'm sure punk kids have done it for the hell of it before. Hope you catch who it is and break their fingers.

We're often in Lancaster and always see this cobalt at the river valley mall that has all sides keyed and "slut" carved into it. The driver must work there since it's usually always there. Poor guy/girl has to drive that thing everyday lol

Yeah, I'm not aware of any reasons anyone would have to do it to my car, but it's definitely the same person and not just random like I thought it was the first time. Paint is too expensive for me to deal with right now, and because of family reasons I can't go through insurance so I have to pay it outright. Someone's going to be handing me a very healthy check if I can catch them. That's just horrible about that girl's car though, I just wouldn't drive it if it was that bad!