Strongsville Fiat / Diesels

Rocky31186

I wanted to tell everyone about my horrible experience at this car lot. I was very interested in a 07.5 Dmax LTZ that they had. I had a friend of mine look at it during the week, and he gave me a report. So me and my wife/son drove 2.5 hours north to check it out.

When we got there we were greeted by Rick Shuba. He tried finding the dmax I was interested in, and found out it was in the body shop. In the photos, and my friend said there was nothing wrong with the fender but Rick says there was a dent in the body line. So we check it out anyways. Fender was removed, electronics were all hanging. Other panels on the drivers side were also removed. Tires were bald, wheels were scratched to hell, inside was horrible. Leather seats torn, plastic all scratched.

Since I could not drive the truck, I asked the salesman if I could drive another new body style quad cab dmax to see how my sons car seat fit in and how much room I had.

He gave me a 2005 Dmax LONG bed. Nothing even close to the truck I was looking at. So we drove it anyways. Got to the main road and the steering wheel quit turning. The Ujoints were making a lot of noise, and the turbo sounded like it was going to explode. I told my wife, screw it I am turning around and taking it back before they thing we broke it.

I get back and couldnt find my salesman anywhere. 15 minutes goes by with me walking around everywhere. I found another salesman to help me find him. Rick came out and VERY unprofessionaly told me he is more than a salesman, he has other job duties to attend to. He then asked me how I liked that truck and I explained how upset I was that he put me and my family in danger by driving that POS truck. His excuse? It has 170,000 miles... So thats normal.

I walked out.

TLDR:

Went to Strongsville to see truck

Truck was junk

Salesman put me in a POS unsafe truck with my family

Salesman was a dick

I left

Do not waste your time here.

That stinks man, nothing worse then making a useless trek to find out something's junk.

It's hard to find good dealers. I got lucky with a dealer 2 hours away when I boight my Dmax luckily. They even sent high res shots of inside the coolant resivour and other detailed pics I asked for.

^^ this. Just like job hunting, it's all in WHO you know. CR has never let me down in terms of referrals that way.

Agreed. I forget the guy's name (Mike?) but the dude who went all psycho Nazi helped me out with a car issue when I was 17 and knew nothing about cars. Barely charged me anything and was a really nice guy, even though he ended up being a bit of a wing nut.

PM 2highpsi Jordan on here. Tell him what you are looking for and he'll find the truck for you. He'll treat you right.

http://www.jetautogroup.com/

This...

Get ahold of Jordan @ http://www.JetAutoGroup.com

He's a member and sponsor here (2highpsi). He'll find the exact truck you want.

He's got a quad cab cummins coming in anyday now. 2010

Sounds to me like your friend did some horrible recon. I would be mad at him.

This too.

Did you call ahead and see if the car was available? That's always a must if you're making a trip to see it. You don't need to tell them you're coming from far away, just call ahead to set an appointment.

First let me say, this isnt about where to find the truck I want. It was a review on a company so others dont go there.

Second no, I did not call ahead. That isnt the issue.. I have driven out of town multiple times to look at vehicles and didnt call ahead. Besides the fact that Im glad I saw it in the body shop torn apart to know what exactly was replaced on it.

My friend still said nothing was wrong with the fender and I believe him. I think someone wrecked it on a test drive or someone backed into it.

First let me say, this isnt about where to find the truck I want. It was a review on a company so others dont go there.

Second no, I did not call ahead. That isnt the issue.. I have driven out of town multiple times to look at vehicles and didnt call ahead. Besides the fact that Im glad I saw it in the body shop torn apart to know what exactly was replaced on it.

My friend still said nothing was wrong with the fender and I believe him. I think someone wrecked it on a test drive or someone backed into it.

Or a manager was using it as a demo and fucked it up.

That is a lot more common than you might imagine.

This is the same place I was dealing with when I was looking for a Superduty. They had an 05 that looked awesome and was in my price range spoke with a salesperson who gave me a trade in value on my trade vehicle I arranged to go see the truck on a sat and attempted to place a deposist on the truck so it would be there after driving 2+hrs and to show good faith. I explained to them if it's as nice as you say it is I will buy the truck on sat. they told me I couldn't put a deposit on it but they would set it aside as I had an apt and had been dealing with them for 4 days over the phone. I called them Friday night before closing they stated they had set aside the truck and would see me at my 10am sat appt. I called again sat morning prior to leaving confirming the truck was still FS. They stated it was still FS and set aside, I said ok I wanted to make sure as I arranged for a babysitter to watch my kids to come up. After driving for an hour I called them again as we were running late due to an accident on the freeway which set us back by 30 min. They said no prob. 10 min later I get a call from the manger of the dealership stating the truck was sold and had sold Friday afternoon and was being cleaned up for the new owner!!. I fucking blew up on the phone and told the SOB I had called 3 times within the last 12 hrs confirming the truck was still avail! and His was response was it was but the new buyer had placed a deposit on the truck to hold till sat when he could pick it up. I got even more pissed when I asked them why they accepted a deposit from another individual but told me they don't do deposits and assured me they'd hold the truck till I got there for our apt! The manager could've cared less. I cussed him out on the phone and headed home.

Long story short.......Strongsville Fiat are Assholes