BCM ARs

M0nk3y

Anyone know this manufacture?

I was initially looking at a S&W M&P15 MOE...but for the price I can get something that seems 1000% better.

I was initially going to build one out...but it seems this may be a better route.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MID-750-C

Adding the MOE handguard and stock, comes to $1099...just needs a rear flip up at $50ish dollars.

Thoughts? Any better prices to build?

I've bought quite a bit of parts from them. Always fast shipping and quality service. That's all the info I have to offer.

Good to know regardless....would probably plan to pick up local to avoid shipping and FFL

BCM is top notch. I have a few BCM ARs and their reputation is well deserved.

Unless you want a fancy piston gun or something unique like a KAC, a BCM is the way to go especially for the price.

I was initially going to go with the S&W MOE Mid...I really want a mid length system and that is the S&W that offers it. I'm also kind a magpul fanboy, and like their products (Helps I have 10 PMags sitting here too)

Anyways, a S&W would of been $1075 through Fin Feather Fur...I decided to do more research on a build, and found this stripped version that I can throw on magpul for essentially the same price

What do you plan to do with it? Training? Just something to take to the range? Have land and plan to get rid of pesky animals?

I ask this because you mention a flip up rear sight and I keep seeing people come to get their rifle zero'd in and they have a junk rear sight for what they want to do. Some people are only going to run an optic, I can get that. But what the rifle can do, and what you intend to do with it, need to be set up together.

What do you plan to do with it? Training? Just something to take to the range? Have land and plan to get rid of pesky animals?

I ask this because you mention a flip up rear sight and I keep seeing people come to get their rifle zero'd in and they have a junk rear sight for what they want to do. Some people are only going to run an optic, I can get that. But what the rifle can do, and what you intend to do with it, need to be set up together.

As of now, just range and training...Don't own a house/land yet...

Closest range is max 100 yds. I hope to get land to where I can shoot on my property at longer distances

I plan on getting an Eotech or Aimpoint come next year...that's why I'm planning on a rear flip-up.

Can't edit for some reason...thoughts on the optic plan?

I'm a fan of both EOtech and Aimpoint. If 100 yards is your playing field, I see no true use for a magnified optic. Next to an ACOG, I'm a fan of one of my LMT MRP's topped with a Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T. It's all personal preference and what you're comfortable with. I run different optics for what I intended the rifle to do.

To stick with your original question, I don't think you can go wrong with a BCM. You also asked about other options and prices, I believe. Have you talked to GunEnvy? That's someone local that will be a good to deal with on anything related to your gun interest.

Another start point is knowing your comfort and experience with this type of fire arm. Many people would do fine with a windam AR for $750 and it will shoot all day, everyday.

Bravo Company (BCM) is about as good as you can find. I've heard some very mixed things about G&R Tactical though.

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Mid-16-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/142.htm

I'd suggest going to your preferred local dealer and asking if they could order that for you. Or, go the route favored by most of us and build your own.

I wouldn't spend a grand on a Smith&Wesson AR. They just aren't worth that much. For that money you can get a Colt from anywhere.

Bravo Company (BCM) is about as good as you can find. I've heard some very mixed things about G&R Tactical though.

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Mid-16-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/142.htm

I'd suggest going to your preferred local dealer and asking if they could order that for you. Or, go the route favored by most of us and build your own.

I wouldn't spend a grand on a Smith&Wesson AR. They just aren't worth that much. For that money you can get a Colt from anywhere.

In in Cleveland, so G&R is fairly close to me.

And to comment, my link was correct. I don't want a Mid-16 Mod 0...because you pay more than getting the stripped version and adding your parts

BCM is a good company, wouldn't hesitate to use any of their parts. But what is your plan? you can probably build something that goes bang for 2/3rd the price that is just as nice. Just not the BCM name.

Mainly it will be for range shooting, maybe down the road participate in 3-Gun for giggles, and take some courses to improve marksmanship on it.

Thoughts on 2/3rd price guns?

Do you want something out of the box ready to go, or are you willing to do some building?

Only hands on experience with an AR is my M&P 15-22.

I'd like to do a complete receiver and upper and add a BCG and charging handle. Might tackle a full build later on?

Mainly it will be for range shooting, maybe down the road participate in 3-Gun for giggles, and take some courses to improve marksmanship on it.

Thoughts on 2/3rd price guns?

Spikes tactical is BCM and Colt quality at 3/4 the price. If you build one your self you can do it around 2/3 the price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STR5035MLS&name=Spikes+Tactical+5.56%2F.223+Rifle&groupid=11

You can also look at AIM uppers (Aimsurplus), most are out of stock ther eis this one from SOT.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSOTUSTDML16FSB&name=Special+Ops+Tactical+16%22+Midlength+.223%2f5.56+Upper+Receiver+Group&groupid=586

That will be fine for what you wanted to do. Slap a complete lower on their and you are good to go.

I'll be using BCM for my future MK12 SPR clone. (Even though I love the PRI stuff)

Nice build it from scratch or just buying one of the BCM SPR uppers? I turned one of my LE6920s into a SPR clone. Wilson Combat 18in SPR barrel. Didn't like the PRI stuff and went with a DD M4 rail. Now i think i might get the geissele MK3 to replace it.

Nice build it from scratch or just buying one of the BCM SPR uppers? I turned one of my LE6920s into a SPR clone. Wilson Combat 18in SPR barrel. Didn't like the PRI stuff and went with a DD M4 rail. Now i think i might get the geissele MK3 to replace it.

18" barrels are getting harder to find, but I may sub a 20" barrel in.

I couldn't deal with looking at the dueling penises in the Spikes logo, for that alone I wouldn't ever go with them. Mega lower for $125 from wherever. Lower parts kit with alg trigger from white oak armament for $100. Buffer tube assembly from bcm for I think $55. Just add stock, grip and trigger guard and lower is done. Countless options for the upper. PSA is the easy way to go if they have something in stock for once. I'd also see what bcm and aim surplus has in stock.

3 statements:

1. I feel like people choose BCM for their Recce style rifles. the one you are looking at will cost a lot to replicate that style since you are "building a BCM" on that site.

2. I held a Daniel defense and a BCM at the gun show a few months back and the Daniel just seemed better to me (I bought the Daniel).

3. you can build a nice rifle for 700-800 bucks with all the nice parts (rail, billet, etc).

18" barrels are getting harder to find, but I may sub a 20" barrel in.

Yeah, it too mine 2 month to get in from wilson combat, that was last year. I find plenty of 18in barrels with the middy gas system. But i'm sure you want one with the rifle length gas system.