WTB cheap compact 9mm revolvers or semi-autos?

Guest GMoney

Ive never had a single malfunction with my HP, just saying.

Not saying theyre good, just that not all of them are shit.

True. Not all grenades explode when you pull the pin either, but the vast majority of them do.

I do have a friend that had a HP .380 given to him by a fam member. We shoot it for kicks and gigs sometimes and it's never failed. The other 5 I have tried though have. Frequently. That's not a good enough percentage for me personally to buy one.

My 995ts however was one of the most reliable firearms I have ever owned. Wish I didn't sell it.

2 mosin, 1 hacksaw

:lol:

Once again, just because your Hi-Point performs well at an indoor range, does not mean it's "reliable." USPSA guys run their shit harder than you could possibly imagine and not a single one runs a Hi-Point. And do you know why? Because they shit the bed when actually pushed hard.

But, hey, as long as you're comfortable with it.[/QUOte]

I'm not saying its the best gun in the world. But for the money its not a bad gun. Another really fun one is there 9mm Carbine.

HPs aren't realibale. Period. I've tried 5 different ones that friends or competitors (amateur competitions) have had. They're garbage. At one comp a new shooter showed up with his only pistol, a HP 9mm. Just got his CCL and was planning on carrying this.

Couldn't get 2 rounds off without malfunctioning in one way or another. We found out he was running Tulammo and wanting to keep as many people in the comp as possible we offered him better ammo. Still jammed. Ended up competing with someones backup.

That sucks, I must have been lucky then. On the same note my Buddy bought a Springfield XD9 the same day I took my HP 9mm the range for the first time. He had so many jams that day it wants even funny. What we learned was if you didn't use the grip of death on his xd9 it jammed. No clue why

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/handguns_9mm.html

I own this gun and I've had 1 jam out of a few thousands of rounds of blazer(cheap) ammo. I was skeptical when I first got it but in the end I've really enjoyed the gun. I've also had great experience with there customer service. I emailed them about purchasing the 10 round mag for my 9mm and they shipped me one for free.

How am I not surprised that you own a hi point pistol.

I heard a story of a guy who is well known in the gun world that absolutely swears by hi point. I hear he has made several videos showing how accurate and well made they are. Says the price automatically makes people feel they are junk. I will try to remember the guys name.

Gotta love "stories". I also heard a story about a guy who jumped off the empire state building and lived. I heard it was video taped and he then continued to jump off of other buildings as well. I'll try to remember the guy's name and find the videos......

To the OP. Save yourself some headaches and put aside a little bit of money every week/month til you can buy a quality/reliable pistol. Don't settle for junk because you're in a hurry to buy something.

What we learned was if you didn't use the grip of death on his xd9 it jammed. No clue why

Limp wristing. Poor technique.

How am I not surprised that you own a hi point pistol.

Gotta love "stories". I also heard a story about a guy who jumped off the empire state building and lived. I heard it was video taped and he then continued to jump off of other buildings as well. I'll try to remember the guy's name and find the videos......

:lol:

To the OP. Save yourself some headaches and put aside a little bit of money every week/month til you can buy a quality/reliable pistol. Don't settle for junk because you're in a hurry to buy something.

This.

Also, anyone else noticed OP is looking for a "compact" 9mm and we're talking about HPs? Those things are compact...cinder blocks.

Also, anyone else noticed OP is looking for a "compact" 9mm and we're talking about HPs? Those things are compact...cinder blocks.

This is one of the reasons I don't want one. They are HUGE to me and my everyday carry is a 45 for reference.

What is the intended purpose of these? Sounds to me like they are being buried in a wall, or a buried BOB....

KillJoy

That has been my thoughts from the beginning.

I do have one freind, former Army MP, who keeps a HP 9mm stashed in her basement. It's an absolute last resort pistol. She said, "if all else fails I can throw it at someone."

Although with as many years in the military she has and her deployments/training experience, a Glock 26, a Beratta 92fs, a HD 12G, and a rifle, I doubt she'd ever need to get to that.

What is the intended purpose of these? Sounds to me like they are being buried in a wall, or a buried BOB....

KillJoy

Pretty much last resort guns, If I am not carrying or can't get to one of my normal shooters. They will not be watched over and will be in a bad environment for long periods. I don't want to care if they corrode.

Pretty much last resort guns, If I am not carrying or can't get to one of my normal shooters. They will not be watched over and will be in a bad environment for long periods. I don't want to care if they corrode.

If these are nothing more than ABSOLUTE last resort (as in you've exhausted all reliable options for one reason or another) there are still 2 ways to look at it:

1) Get a couple HPs and don't care if they go to crap (although you should STILL clean/service them regularly, regardless of the make). If you go this route you have to HOPE they're there for you when you need them.

2) Get a one reliable pistol now and save for another KNOWING they'll be there for you when you need them.

• 3 weeks later...

The great news is that with the weight of the high point you should be able to throw it at any attacker and cause some pretty good damage.