06 R6 stopping

chrisknight

Nothing is wrong with your rear brake. I have the same bike...my rear brake sucks too. My r1's rear brake is slightly better. Don't rely on your back brake...you wont stop, you'll lock it up and use up your rear tire.

I don't know if I just don't have enough ass in my pants to put enough friction on the ground or what but I just feel like this thing doesn't stop like it should. I learned on a 1978 Suzuki GS750. That thing was heavy and when I hit the rear brakes, it stopped. My R6 seems like I either skid/lock up the back, or if I try to brake it just enough before it skids/locks up, it doesn't stop very fast.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ever noticed how BIG the front two rotors are on your bike vs. that tiny pizza pie rotor on the back? If you have, you have answered your own question.

If you somehow have missed it, the front should do 98% of your stopping. The rear is for "Oh shit!" moments...

Who's "they"? Cruiser guys maybe, but not a modern day sportbike...

Kawi is referring to the test you have to take to get your temp license. The test asks about braking... their correct answer is 80 - 20 ... its wrong. The BMV doesnt know any better.