Street Outlaws Tonight

SRTurbo04

Those guys with the Firehawk used to race in the LS Series with us... they got to see my tail lights a lot....

here is a picture from before they wrapped the car... (BTW it is the biggest piece of shit you will ever see up close)

http://cdn.speednik.com/image/2011/10/LSXIMG_4293s1.jpg

Loved the episode. Yes, lots of scripted stuff, but it's good to watch and the cars are awesome. Murder Nova destroyed that Firehawk, wow. Surprised the "1400hp" GTR got killed so badly, though

Haven't seen this season but there is a thread about the show on evom as well, and a local from that area knows the owner of the gtr and apparently the guy driving in the show doesn't even own the car, he was just borrowing it from a friend. Also the evo that they raced is a consistent 12 sec car, stock turbo and stock block tuned on corn

just watched the show online it somewhat seems rigged if that GT-R is the same T1 GT-R i think it is i would be way faster than that, not to mention he didnt even use the launch control. however the show is something that keeps me interested but every time i hear fastest street cars in the country there are plenty of "street cars" out that that would mop them up.

• 6 months later...

Anyone watch the season premier? That's one fast GTO.

I use the term "GTO" in its loosest possible connotation. Not much original to that car, I would think. The kid with the older race Camaro that got beaten by the daily driver 5.0 came across as a punk.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that he's doing it on "Pontiac Power" though it's certainly a race built motor from Butler Performance and a whole bunch of extras. He mentioned at one point having something near $130000 in the car, I wonder how much of that is his money and how much is sponsor gifts? Doesn't seem the type to have that kind of scratch laying around.

And I'm most CERTAINLY not putting that kind of money in this thing...not going higher than 4 digits in mods EVER again

Let's just say it's gonna take a deep 4 to beat the sonoma. Not that I know anything. or that I'd be on the 614 list.

Running a twin turbo set-up won't get it done, apparently. Dude should rename his car "Murdered Nova". Guy gets beaten more often than The French Army.

That truck is crazy fast.

Still waiting to see Mark Carlyle on this show. By definition his car is more "street" than anything on there. Such a joke.

Also Ozz at SP may make an appearance eventually. He has a nifty 1/4 mile car, but it didn't do much in the 1/8 that they race. I hope he will be upset enough eventually to change his setup just to prove a point.

Here is some older dyno footage of his car: