Remodeling Bathroom

Sully

I just remodeled my entire house (literally, top to bottom) and bought 95% of the stuff at Lowe's.

If you go to the post office and get a movers packet, there is a coupon in there for 10%. Buy everything (or most of it) at once and save 10%.

Menards has good prices but a lot of their products are cheap quality. I shop their for little things, but I noticed they are kind of like the Wal-mart of the home improvement stores. Just my .02

Menards has good prices but a lot of their products are cheap quality. I shop their for little things, but I noticed they are kind of like the Wal-mart of the home improvement stores. Just my .02

VERY accurate description! You get what you pay for

I agree, although I am less than impressed with the cabinets we just dropped 11 grand on at Lowes.

Depends on what your looking for.

Menards has some good deals on quality complete vanity sets.

Lowes is good for fixtures Like lights, faucets etc...

Home depot , for some reason, is cheaper on a lot of plumbing supplies.

If you are looking for tile, go with whatever you like at the best price, bargain outlet, floor and decor, or any of the big box stores. The tile shop at Morse and 71 is great for ideas , they have lots of displays, but high quality tile materials get expensive quickly.

Good luck!

My buddy ordered cabinets through Kitchen Resource Direct. You assemble them yourself but they are VERY good quality and pretty cheap too

I was interested in this, Ive heard good things, but couldn't talk the woman into it.

I agree, although I am less than impressed with the cabinets we just dropped 11 grand on at Lowes.

DAMN dude. I redid the whole house (mold infested foreclosure) and obviously all the cabinets, and I got Shanendoah (sp?) for $2900, and it was 14 cabinets, a wastebasket cabinet, cutlery organizer, and 2 rollout drawers. Plus I got the sink base for free.

What the hell did you get for 11k? I bet you have a pretty sweet kitchen.

Floor & More in Mill Run next to Lowe's has EPIC pricing on Tile. But be careful, some of the stuff is Closeout, so buy enough for repairs down the road.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I think your talking about Floor and Décor? It is an outlet center, a lot of the products are seconds, end runs and not the same quality. I checked on some of the hardwood their for a person and it was a cheaper softer product with a stain that resembled the product they were trying to achieve.

I have bought backsplash material there though, just do research on any hardwood or wood products.

Menards actually has very nice lumber, IMO better than Lowes or HD. I built my shed using most of their Lumber and did purchase a garage door there for the same building. Now as far as cabinets, doors etc I'm not informed on what they offer.

DAMN dude. I redid the whole house (mold infested foreclosure) and obviously all the cabinets, and I got Shanendoah (sp?) for $2900, and it was 14 cabinets, a wastebasket cabinet, cutlery organizer, and 2 rollout drawers. Plus I got the sink base for free.

What the hell did you get for 11k? I bet you have a pretty sweet kitchen.

Where did those cabinets come from? I knew there had to be better quality choices out there, but the woman wanted these. Nothing fancy, just white painted maple, standard accessory cabinets with a separate section of glass door cabinets.

I hate to even look, but do you have a pic of your setup, and are you happy with the quality? I am less than impressed with ours.

Where did those cabinets come from? I knew there had to be better quality choices out there, but the woman wanted these. Nothing fancy, just white painted maple, standard accessory cabinets with a separate section of glass door cabinets.

I hate to even look, but do you have a pic of your setup, and are you happy with the quality? I am less than impressed with ours.

Did you install or did you have lowes install- installation jacks up prices a lot. I know he's installing his, iirc