WANTED: 20GB 360 HDD

MrMeanGreen

I believe I have one... let me check

Edit:

Just grabbed this enormous picture from google, but I have the top one - I believe it's the 20 gig. I also have a transfer cable that can go with it.

http://www.narragansett.k12.ri.us/nhs/computer/Second_Semester_07-08/second_semester_2008_Period_2A/DylanaPagsXbox360/images/HARDDRIVES.jpg

Not looking to get anything for it, but I could meet you in Reynoldsburg some time, maybe tomorrow or some day this week after work - just let me know.

Edited by spankis

If that's the case there was no 20gb for that gen, only the onboard 4gb storage. Your options are then to plug in a flash drive or just slap a standard laptop HDD in there ( which is what I did on my last 360 S).

You can use any laptop hard-drive. Just buy the 5 dollar case from amazon.

Atleast that is what I read when I took my 20 gig out of my old case and put it into the slim hard drive case to put in my replacement 360.

I did this to a 250gb. It works just fine in the 360s.

Solution: Buy the cheap case off eBay. Take Spankis' 20GB out of the old-school enclosure. Put in cheap case. Put in newer model Xbox 360. Done.

As far as I know (there may be a newer method that I'm not aware of) there's a bit more to it than just buying any laptop hard drive and going to town. Has to be a certain series of Western Digital HDD's, has to be a certain size (no larger than 320 - which is what I put in mine) and you have to do some stuff with it plugged into a PC (loading Xbox 360 OS and whatnot via some hacker tool) before putting it in the 360.

So taking Spankis' and putting it into the new enclosure as Eric did with his own would be the easiest way I think.