Experienced Machineist Needed!

flounder

I imagine your dimensions are correct. Not knowing much at all about guns (shown by my lack of knowledge on changing barrels :p ), I would allow / check for thermal expansion, verify that the threads and cylinder can handle the stresses and utilize a liberal safety factor. Will the part be heat treated ?

Aluminum is not worth the risk especially since the rifle barrel is steel as is the suppressor. The threads are able to handle the stress without problem. These threads are used on rifles all the time and shouldnt cause any problems.

Uncle. To answer your question. My rifle is already threaded so yes the end of the barrel has been turned down to accommodate the 5/8x32 threads. The larger end of the adapter need to have have 5/8x32 ID threads to thread over top of the existing barrel threads and will be tight against the barrel shoulder. The suppressor will thread over the smaller end of the adapter which will need to have OD threads of 5/8x24 to accomodate the suppressor and will rest up against the shoulder I have created on the adapter.

Hopefully this helps to clarify

Hey man,email your drawing with dimensions with tolerances.

I am VP of a small Tool & Die shop in Warren,I also have 25 yrs experience and have 3 Haas lathes.

I guess it's a plus,I did some gun barrel work for a local judge.

jcopeland@neo.rr.com

Thats good info, thanks. First off I want to let you know that I am by no means an autocad guy or design guy so someone would probably want to look over the parts to make sure everything is good. I also wasnt able to figure out how to add threads to the schematic within the program. The other thing I realized is that I need to add a relief camfer for the rifle side adapter part as well as add undercuts to both thread areas so that the adapter can tighten against the shoulder on the rifle and not the threads. I need to add the same thing on the side where the suppressor will connect so that it also can tighten against the shoulder and not the threads. Looks like I need to a bit of work on it still. I cant remember if I said but I created the parts using Alibre and its my assumption that the program will automatically create the machine code to mill/lathe the part? If this is wrong, please let me know.