WTB: 3rd Gen F-Body / TPI Stuff - come on in...

craig71188

Trolling CL hasn't turned up what I need so please check your leftovers if you have them.

I am looking for some used parts for a 3rd Gen Camaro w/TPI:

1) Long tube headers

2) Performance TPI runners (intake considered as well)

3) 58mm throttle body (52mm considered)

4) Throttle body airfoil

5) Adjustable track rod / rear control arms

6) Limited slip center section / 4:11 gear set

7) 16x8 Mesh style OE wheels (Buick GN, Firebird GTA, Rarely on IROCS)

8) 1.6 ratio stamped steel rocker arms

9) Performance replacement PROM

10) Strut Tower brace

Let me know what you've got and a price - last minute Christmas cash waiting...

Or, can trade Fire Arrow, Kart(s) and stuff if interested.

Just a thought, it might be more worth your while to get the setup to program your own eprom. It's only a couple hundred bucks for the stuff to program them, and eproms are dirt cheap. That way if you decide to change your setup down the road, it wouldn't be hard to change the tune accordingly.

Just a thought, it might be more worth your while to get the setup to program your own eprom. It's only a couple hundred bucks for the stuff to program them, and eproms are dirt cheap. That way if you decide to change your setup down the road, it wouldn't be hard to change the tune accordingly.

Yea, I have looked at them and may do just that. I just figured I'd post up in case someone had an old "pre-programmed PROM sitting around for starters.

Those wheels are getting harder to find by the day, the rest of that should be able to be had on craigslist. Just make sure when you find the wheels you get all the same style aka dimpled or non dimpled, it makes then easier to sell if you ever sell them :)

Just make sure when you find the wheels you get all the same style aka dimpled or non dimpled, it makes then easier to sell if you ever sell them :)

Thanks - but not real concerned on the wheel details. The guy I bought the car from originally had two more sets - but someone broke in and stole the first four they saw - 2 pairs of rear offset. Now I have a set of four w/front offset and need to pair them up with the rears....

Classic Industries has repops, but at $200 ea..... not so much.

Trolling CL hasn't turned up what I need so please check your leftovers if you have them.

I am looking for some used parts for a 3rd Gen Camaro w/TPI:

1) Long tube headers

2) Performance TPI runners (intake considered as well)

3) 58mm throttle body (52mm considered)

4) Throttle body airfoil

5) Adjustable track rod / rear control arms

6) Limited slip center section / 4:11 gear set

7) 16x8 Mesh style OE wheels (Buick GN, Firebird GTA, Rarely on IROCS)

8) 1.6 ratio stamped steel rocker arms

9) Performance replacement PROM

10) Strut Tower brace

Let me know what you've got and a price - last minute Christmas cash waiting...

Or, can trade Fire Arrow, Kart(s) and stuff if interested.

call Astro Auto 2483 Dry Creek Rd NE, Granville, OH 43023

(740) 366-5342

its a GM only salvage yard, The guy's name is Scott(weird dude) he should have most of what your looking for, BUT he knows what he has and what its worth. He sells cars too, I bought a 89 Iroc-Z from him back in 2005 for $1600.00

Assuming you have a stockt tpi to start with, have you considered porting what you have? I had my intake, runners, plenum and throttle body ported and it really made a difference. Every once in a while I see full set ups in the junk yard for less than 100. Even having someone else do it, the porting was a fraction of buying a new intake and runners.

Are you running stock heads and cam? From what I've read you may not need to step up to a 52mm or 58mm tb unless you have a lot of mods.

There is also a forum thirdgen.org. You may find some folks there that have stuff too. Also check out tpis.com. Sometimes they have stuff that's not on their website. Good luck.

Assuming you have a stockt tpi to start with, have you considered porting what you have? I had my intake, runners, plenum and throttle body ported and it really made a difference. Every once in a while I see full set ups in the junk yard for less than 100. Even having someone else do it, the porting was a fraction of buying a new intake and runners.

Are you running stock heads and cam? From what I've read you may not need to step up to a 52mm or 58mm tb unless you have a lot of mods.

There is also a forum thirdgen.org. You may find some folks there that have stuff too. Also check out tpis.com. Sometimes they have stuff that's not on their website. Good luck.

Thanks - I am on thirdgen, just thought I would see if I could "buy local" first. I plan on most likely porting the plenum & intake myself, but would like the larger cast runners to work with. Same with the throttle body. My travel schedule has kept me from cruising the junkyards to look for this stuff, maybe over the holidays....

I might have some parts you want, but what are your goals for this car? if you want 12's or 11's naturally aspirated ditch tpi and get stealthram. much cheaper and a lot more potential. pm me and ill help you out if you want.

I might have some parts you want, but what are your goals for this car? if you want 12's or 11's naturally aspirated ditch tpi and get stealthram. much cheaper and a lot more potential. pm me and ill help you out if you want.

PM sent - this is our autocross / track day car - it's an ex Firestone Firehawk showroom stock endurance car - we're trying to lose some of the "showroom stock" stuff...

I have a Jacobs performance ignition for that car and a brand new front bumper filler panel (where the fog lights go). Somewhere I have everything you need to burn your own e-proms too.

Don't really have a need for the Jacobs or filler panel - but would be interested in the e-prom stuff. If you can find it - PM me with a price. Thanks.