Duck Dynasty Drama

Geeesammy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More crap most of you don't care about.

Back to the ads/sponsors/affiliates: are they happy that the biggest show they air (by far) leaves? How would that affect sponsorship/ad sales?

Not taking either side at this point, looking solely at the statements that said ad money was at stake so A&E had no other choice.

Looks like a lose/lose to me.

yes it seems you cant have your own opinion if you have a reality show, but he also said some racial things from what i heard on tv this morning. tv stated that dd couldnt just pick their show up and move as a&e has the rights to it, so dd would have to buy them out or wait them out until the contract is over. lastly the business is worth $50 million so they wont starve.

mace

yes it seems you cant have your own opinion if you have a reality show, but he also said some racial things from what i heard on tv this morning. tv stated that dd couldnt just pick their show up and move as a&e has the rights to it, so dd would have to buy them out or wait them out until the contract is over. lastly the business is worth $50 million so they wont starve.

mace

Their projected duck call revenue for 2013 was $45 million, pretty sure their business is worth a lot more then $50 million.

It's not about Duck Dynasty, Duck Commander, Phil Robertson, If you like the show or not. It's about freedom of speech freedom of opinion freedom of stating your beliefs.

That freedom is GONE!! unless your views are with main stream media or liberal. It's what we have fought and died for over 200 years. And we as a weak ass bitch society have let this happen.

Our society is a FUCKING JOKE AND IS SICKENING, WHEN IT'S OK TO LET KANYE WEST, OPRAH, THE FUCKS FROM JERSEY SHORE, KARDASHIANS ETC DO AND SAY THE SHIT THEY DO AND NOTHING HAPPENS. BUT WHEN A TRADITIONAL FAITH BASED MORAL FAMILY, PERSON OR BUSINESS SAYS SOMETHING THEIR CRUCIFIED!

FUCK SOCIETY

It's not about Duck Dynasty, Duck Commander, Phil Robertson, If you like the show or not. It's about freedom of speech freedom of opinion freedom of stating your beliefs.

That freedom is GONE!! unless your views are with main stream media or liberal. It's what we have fought and died for over 200 years. And we as a weak ass bitch society have let this happen.

Our society is a FUCKING JOKE AND IS SICKENING, WHEN IT'S OK TO LET KANYE WEST, OPRAH, THE FUCKS FROM JERSEY SHORE, KARDASHIANS ETC DO AND SAY THE SHIT THEY DO AND NOTHING HAPPENS. BUT WHEN A TRADITIONAL FAITH BASED MORAL FAMILY, PERSON OR BUSINESS SAYS SOMETHING THEIR CRUCIFIED!

FUCK SOCIETY

Hello crazy, I'm Norm.

Society and media is the new government. Government just reacts. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

You didn't answer the question. Where were his rights infringed? Is he in jail for saying what he did? Was he fined?

I Dont think you understand the 1st amendment.

You didn't answer the question. Where were his rights infringed? Is he in jail for saying what he did? Was he fined?

He got fired for his beliefs. If a muslim gets fired for being a muslim and saying what he believes when he is asked, is that ok? Buddhist? Jew? Wiccan?

He got fired for his beliefs. If a muslim gets fired for being a muslim and saying what he believes when he is asked, is that ok? Buddhist? Jew? Wiccan?

They didn't fire him for being a Christian, they fired him for making public anti gay statements, which is and always has been legal. I support A&E's right to run their business as they see fit

No, he didn't. He got fired for expressing an unpopular opinion. You've continued to demonstrate in this thread that you have very little idea of what constitutes rights.

I understand what your saying. It's a fine line with the 1st. The Gov. did not prevent him from his opinions he was allowed to do so. So I believe his 1st were not violated, but by envoking his freedom of speech his is being crucified. face it it's a double standard, if your not on the same view points as what the liberal entity is your in the wrong.

I don't think you follow what I'm saying, and maybe I didn't say it well ( I went to public school lol ), He is being crucified for his OPINIONS by the media and society. He was not pushing his beliefs on anyone. He was asked a question and he answered it w what he believes and his opinion on the matter. Freedom of speech. And he did so. I agree he was not prevented from giving his opinion, but in todays society if your opinion or belief is not with main stream media or the bleeding hearts out there or liberal Hollywood your crucified and are shunned.

That's my beef, we let the media and every person who gets offended run this country. It's sad.

Edited by truckin

He should have known better to say those things publicly. Too many other cases of people going down for the same thing to think it wouldn't happen to him. Gets what he deserves for being dumb. Can't fix stupid.

^^ Gotta agree with this. All freedom of speech talk aside, when you work for others you don't call the shots. What you say reflects on your employer and if you fuck up their ratings or cause them issues in many cases they can hold you accountable for what you said and make an example of you.

He knew what he said was going to rustle some feathers and did so anyway and likely didn't care. Oh well.

People forget that just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should. There are such things as poor decisions. This was one of them. Why the fuck would he even answer or address such a question to begin with? Dumb. He was obviously an easy target for such a scandal. IMO he was set up and ironically just like hunting....he took the bait and got shot.

People need to start being accountable for their actions and words and in the grand scheme of life, start looking out for themselves. If he didn't see himself being baited like this or his manager, agent, etc. didn't see it, then he got what was coming to him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by TTQ B4U

I see what you are saying truckin, but that's how a society works. Values, opinions, and what is acceptable changes. Those who maintain old beliefs are, of course, going to pay a cost for it if they live in the public sphere. I think that a lot of what is being expressed is a frustration that times are changing and some people are not. I take away a couple of things from this story. First, the reporter that did the interview obviously took advantage of the guy. He knew what his beliefs were and he knew what the result of publishing the article would be, but he did it to sell magazines. Second, the duck dynasty guy shouldn't be shocked about what happens when he makes comments comparing a portion of viewers to people who have sex with dogs and talks about how happy black people were in the old south when his job depends on people liking him and, in a sense, invite him into their homes. I am a minority so I am sure that I feel differently when I hear these things than you do, and that's ok. There are many media outlets where he can say things like this and will become more popular (Fox News, Syndicated radio, etc..) but a mainstream network like A&E is, apparently, not one of them.

He got fired for his beliefs.

He got fired for the poor decision to put his beliefs out there in such a way that impacted his employer. Dumb move for someone that wants to continue to be employed. There's a time and place and a way to voice opinions but he ignored all of that. What he did was the equivalent to playing chess without thinking ahead several moves.

He got fired for the poor decision to put his beliefs out there in such a way that impacted his employer. Dumb move for someone that wants to continue to be employed. There's a time and place and a way to voice opinions but he ignored all of that. What he did was the equivalent to playing chess without thinking ahead several moves.

I dont think Phil cares.