Handgun Training Course? General Proficiency preferred over CCW or "Tactical" classes

spankis

So, one of the gifts I had ordered for my father is seemingly indefinitely backordered, so my plan B is maybe enrolling he and I both in a shooting class of some kind. He's very familiar with rifles and shotguns, but he and I are both relative noobs to handguns.

To be honest, he's an awful shot with a pistol and would like to get better. I'm decent but could use some help too, and unfortunately I'm not a great teacher.

Any thoughts on local firearm classes that might fit the bill? So far my research shows me many very specific classes that seem to focus on defensive shooting, CCW-specific training/testing, or random skills like one-handed weapons manipulation, etc. etc. I'm probably looking for something more advanced than your basic firearm safety course, but less serious than "tactical" skills development. I feel like a CCW course may not fit the bill here, but maybe I'm misinformed.

Thanks

-Scott

I have a couple gift certificates that were requested from people here on CR. One is for a firearms familiarization and marksmanship class. This would probably cover what you're looking for. I focus on marksmanship and fundamentals pretty heavy to bring them together for effective shooting; for the shooter, not Rambo.

Price would be based off how long you want to train. Feel free to call, and I can cater a class to your needs.

I have a couple gift certificates that were requested from people here on CR. One is for a firearms familiarization and marksmanship class. This would probably cover what you're looking for. I focus on marksmanship and fundamentals pretty heavy to bring them together for effective shooting; for the shooter, not Rambo.

Price would be based off how long you want to train. Feel free to call, and I can cater a class to your needs.

Sounds like this is what you're looking for. Best of luck. :)

Joe is a good choice,

Also, you can consider these 2 places as well.

http://www.moftaohio.com/

They have Advance Conceal Carry 1-6, which 1 and 2 are really good classes to take. They have been teaching these classes for many many years and trains with the instructors at TDI in cincy. A couple of them teaches at TDI as well.

http://tdiohio.com/

If you have the money, I would go here. Probably one of the best out there.