PC Help - iRacing tower

AudiOn19s

All,

Need a little help picking an economical tower to use for iRacing. The last couple of years I've been running on a pretty potent laptop however it's nearly full, not as efficient as it used to be and I'm running into some performance issues with it.

iRacing isn't horribly resource intensive but can be in races with lots of cars. Here are the general requirements:

PC Computers:

•Windows XP*, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1

•Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 
or higher

•NVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 or above graphics adapter recommended

•2 GB system RAM

•6 GB free hard disk space

•Microphone optional, required for voice chat

Any suggestions on a tower - Amazon is where we get most of our crap so suggestions there would be great. obviously the more powerful the more graphic features I can enable. Not sure where the cost benefit starts to run out on more and more capable machines these days.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks Alex. :-)

Andy, you can build or you can buy, brother. I like to build my own stuff, because I have a hdd, a copy of windows, and all the peripherals I already need and can usually source the rest for less AND I know that if I build it, it will only have the things I want in it (no bloatware, other bullcrap in the software pack from a retailer). That being said, if you DO NOT have a hard drive, a copy of windows, and all of the other goodies, it's probably less expensive to buy.

You let me know about which of those situations you are in, and also give me an idea as to your budget, and we can either build or find you something you will be happy with.

Since I am in Dayton and it looks like you already have help building, I just wanted to throw in how freaking cool iRacing is. I finally bit the bullet with it last month during the black Friday sale. I signed up for a one month trial and had purchased a year within the same day. I have the G25/Playseat combo and have been into sims for 5+ years now but always thought the cost associated with iRacing was too high. Boy was I wrong, you get what you pay for and the racing, even at the rookie level is superb.

Hey its Chandler, i work with Eddy C. I can build one for you if your not to comfortable putting it together. Micro center is a great place to get all the parts. What resolution will you be running?

Edit:

Just a quick list i threw together that should run Iracing perfectly

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2pkEg

V2 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2pkSU

Edited by Robochan

Since I am in Dayton and it looks like you already have help building, I just wanted to throw in how freaking cool iRacing is. I finally bit the bullet with it last month during the black Friday sale. I signed up for a one month trial and had purchased a year within the same day. I have the G25/Playseat combo and have been into sims for 5+ years now but always thought the cost associated with iRacing was too high. Boy was I wrong, you get what you pay for and the racing, even at the rookie level is superb.

Held out forever too thinking rFactor was good enough......wrong. I have playseat / G27 with a load cell brake pedal. Perfect setup for not a ton of money but if I'm being picky I don't like the pedal angle on the playseat.

Just need a new tower sorted.

Held out forever too thinking rFactor was good enough......wrong. I have playseat / G27 with a load cell brake pedal. Perfect setup for not a ton of money but if I'm being picky I don't like the pedal angle on the playseat.

Just need a new tower sorted.

It's just amazing to race people who actually care about racing and doing well. I agree about the pedal angle, don't they have a hack for that though?