1981 Datsun 280ZX - barn find (sort of)

craig71188

1981 Datsun 280ZX, 5 spd, T-top car, burgundy w/red/burgundy interior. Was sitting in storage in a garage for 10+ years. Odometer shows 20 some thousand miles and is deemed inaccurate. Has a set of Riken wheels (gold centers) - but they have some rim damage, $60-$75 per wheel to repair @ Wheel Medic - tires are junk. Driver's side frame rail will need major work under drivers floor area. Some rust through in non structural areas in the rear. Rear hatch glass is broken out - but comes with spare hatch with good glass. Also comes with most of a black interior from a parts car and much misc (owner had a turbo Z that was parted out - he had most of the interior and a lot of misc mechanical that came with the car). We have not gotten it started yet - pumped out the tank, found most of the electronics work but ran out of time before we made much additional progress. Engine looks to be unmolested - all original plumbing / ac / etc is still intact,

I purchased the car to put back together as an airport commuter - got a deal on a running/driving 944 instead. Will sell this one complete for $750 obo if someone wants it all or will part it out and scrap the tub if not. I do have a clear title for the car. Will consider third gen Camaro stuff in trade (see my post in Swap Meet section for details) Posting it here first before dealing with the CL idiots.

I have some poor cell phone pics right now - PM me with a number and I can forward them on to you.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Car "runs on spray" - we were able to run the car for a bit on starting fluid. Motor seems sound as far as no knocking or huge plumes of smoke. Oil pressure is decent on old oil and filter (not changed yet). Injectors are either plugged of bad - not enough time to pull them and clean/check them this past weekend. Make an offer...

Photos now here:

1981 Datsun 280ZX

• 4 weeks later...